Chapter 18 "Trouble"

Luke P.O.V

At last, after going in and out of the state for the past two weeks I finally got the chance to take a break. It was a long and lonely weeks for me. Because of my hectic schedule, I didn't get the chance to see or even call her. I wonder what she's doing right now or these past couple of days. After that kiss we shared, I felt like I can't stand to not see her anymore. I did my paper works overnight so that I can finish it as soon as possible and spend the time with her, if she wants me to. Luckily, all my hard works and sleepless nights has been over and now I'm free to go wherever and whenever I want and the first place I would like to go is Rhel's house. When I was so busy and occupied, I thought so many times to leave all my works undone, get on my private plane back here in Lakesville and drive to her house. But my conscience wouldn't let me. Those past weeks were agonizing and exhausting. And thank God, I could breath normally, for now.

Sigh!

I leaned my back on my chair and closed my eyes for a moment, thinking about her when a sudden beep interrupted me.

"Mr. Lacela, Mr. Morgan is here to see you." Sarah said sweetly through my desk telephone.

Ah bullocks! I don't plan on talking about business right now. 

"Okay send him in." I said exhaustively. 

After few seconds the door flew open and a white-haired man with a big smile playing on his lips walked towards my desk. I stood up and hugged him. He was like my second father in this business world but I've been trying to avoid any contact with him because whenever he's around, work is always behind him and I'm trying to find a break here.

"Let me guess, work is coming?" I asked while returning to my seat. He laughed and then took a seat on the swivel chair across me.

"No, no Luke. Actually I'm here because I have someone I want you to meet.", he said still smiling. 

"Another business partner?" I asked curiously.

"No. My daughter actually.", he said calmly. I was shocked for a minute by his answer. We've been working for almost two years but he didn't mention him having a daughter.

"You have a daughter? How come you didn't tell me before." 

"It's because she's outside the country and just came back a month ago and I don't want to bring up family matters when I'm doing business", he said calmly.

"Why now?" I asked leaning back on my seat.

"She's eager to know you." I smiled at the thought. Of course any girl wants to know me, I am the most powerful popular handsome man in this very city.

"Where is she?"

"She'll be here soon." I nodded. I admit, I felt a little excitement within but it's just that, nothing more. Getting to know a girl is always exciting for me not to mention the daughter of Daryl Morgan. This old fellow is not bad on his looks so as his daughter perhaps. I'm counting on that. We waited for three minutes or so when the telephone beeps.

"Mr. Lacela, someone is here to see you. She said she's Mr. Morgan's daughter." Sarah's voice ringed through the phone. I could tell the jealousy and the annoyance on Sarah's voice when she said it. I guess she hasn't moved on yet. I can't blame her though, women are just so emotional.

"Let her in." I stood up and adjusted my coat and flashed my playboy smile. Daryl also stood up after me and looked at the door. A blonde woman wearing a black casual dress entered through the door. My smile became wider as I looked at her white flawless legs up to her perfect curved body. But when I caught sight of her face, my wide playboy smile turned to an "o" shape. 

This is not happening! She couldn't be Daryl's daughter. How come I didn't notice her resemblance to her father before. Shit! I shook my head trying to calm my nerves. I looked at her and she smiled widely. She hugged Daryl and looked at me with those wicked eyes. She kissed her Dad in his cheek and freed herself from his fatherly hug. 

"Hi Mr. Lacela, it's so nice to finally meet you", she said extending her arm. I shook her hand trying to play her game also. I faked a smile and let go of her hand. Something about her that's making me uncomfortable. I wanted to rip her outer appearance and look what's inside of her but she's good at hiding it. I ignored her greeting and sat on my chair. I saw Daryl's confused look about my sudden action and I just returned a forced smile.

"So what are you doing here?", I asked raising my voice a little bit. Daryl's forehead creased when he heard my question. I cleared my throat and adjusted my tie. "I mean, why do you want to see me?", I asked sweetly. If only Daryl isn't here, I would have drag this evil lady out of my office.

"I'm your huge fan Mr. Lacela... I'm Allison by the way. Allison Paige."

"Paige?", I asked confused. 

"Allison Paige Morgan is my full name." She smiled and looked at Daryl. Daryl smiled in returned and stood up. He straightened his coat and turned to look at me. 

What now?

"I must go Luke. I have some things to do and also...", he looked at his daughter, "I like to give my daughter some private time with you." She kissed his daughter and walked without waiting for my response. Why can't you drag your daughter out of my office Daryl? I picked up a pen and started signing some documents, ignoring her. She cleared her throat telling me that I'm not alone. With her in my office, made me uncomfortable and unfocused with what I'm doing. I keep on imagining what she did back then at the club, it was degrading for her. 

"Luke...look at me", she hissed. I slammed down the pen on the table and looked at her. Anger started to boil inside. "What? What do you want from me?", I asked through gritted teeth. 

"Can't you tell Luke? I want you." She stood up and pointed her index finger at me. "I want you Luke." I stood up and glared at her. Provoke me more Allison and you'll be the first woman who will experience my wrath.

"Can't you understand Allison? Are you that dumb? I said I don't want you." She walked towards me and wrapped her arms around me. I immediately pushed her away and she stumbled on the floor. She looked so shock about what I did. Apparently this is not the first time she was pushed away. She stood on her feet and glared at me. Something cruel flashed in her eyes that made me gulped down the lump forming on my throat.

"Remember this Luke. I will do everything to get you and I mean, everything. and nothing and no one can stop me." She grabbed her bag on her chair and stormed outside the office leaving me dumbfounded. 

Was that a threat or a warning?

Not proud of this one...but ill make it up to you on the next update..

vote

comment

critique....need it badly...XOXO