Chapter 13 "Night Out" (Edited)

Luke

I decided to go home when I got the feeling that Amber wanted some time alone with Rhel. It irritated me a little to be away from Rhel but there was nothing I could do but to see myself out her house. I may sound selfish but earlier, I felt like I didn't want to share Rhel with her best friend. I didn't know what came over me, it weirded me out as I had never been possessive over someone before.

As I stared at the ceiling of my room, I couldn't stop myself from smiling when I recalled our kiss earlier. Although it was an accident, it was enough to heat my body up. At that time, my mind had gone blank for a moment which rarely happened to me, and it was all because of a small and brief kiss. I was certain Rhel had an unusual effect on me and I couldn't figure out why or how it was possible.

As I got too absorbed by my own thoughts, I jolted when my phone suddenly rang. Sighing, I grabbed the gadget from the bedside table and looked at the screen. I rolled my eyes when I saw Tom's name as he was the last person I wanna talk to right now.

I answered the call, "You always have a perfect timing Tom," I greeted sarcastically.

"Where were you? I've been looking for you since yesterday!" he snapped making me cringe.

I sat up, pushing aside the duvet, "I... just had something to do. Why? Do you need anything?"

"Dude, come on, don't tell me you forgot?" I raised my eyebrow trying to remember what he was trying to say but nothing.

I heard him sigh on the other end when I didn't answer.

"It's Jake's birthday, for God's sake Luke!... He's having a party tonight at his club." I sat up and looked at my phone screen, checking the date and let out a big sigh. How could I forget Jake's birthday when I always reminded my friends about it for years? Even if I was busy with work, I hadn't forgotten it until now.

"I totally forgot, my bad, but I'll be there," I said straight away before hanging up and tossed the gadget to the other side of the bed. I flopped back down on my bed, thinking it had been a while since I had been to a party. I was totally occupied with work and...with Rhel these days.

*

Three hours had passed and I started preparing for the party. I wasn't in the mood to go but it wasn't like I had a choice as I didn't want Jake to feel bad about me. I took my time in changing and decided to wear just simple clothes as I didn't intend to charm girls tonight. As soon as I was done, I checked myself in the mirror briefly before going out of my room.

When I was out into the early night, I just went straight to my car, ignoring a certain lady who flashed a flirting smile on my way. Honestly, I just wanted to get to the club, greet Jake, drink a few glasses of beer and then go home, nothing else. I didn't know why I was feeling this way and I could tell something was wrong as I hadn't ever felt this way before.

I made out of the parking lot and drove to the highway.

After a 30-minute drive, finally I reached the Wordsworth Night Club and parked my car on a vacant space, before getting out.

"Hey handsome," an unfamiliar girl greeted me and I just smiled in response before heading straight towards the entrance where two big muscled bald guys were standing. I frowned when I got a clear view of their faces, not recognizing the two big guys.

"Name?" the bald guy with a beard asked in low deep voice.

"Luke Lacela."

"Oh you're boss' friend?" the other guy asked and I nodded faintly. Without further ado, they stepped aside, letting me in. I walked inside the wide familiar hallway where the white arched glass walls and tiles where illuminated by green lights. From here, I could hear faint beats of the music inside.