Chapter 2 "Dinner Date" (Edited)

Luke 

I leaned on my car waiting for Nancy to come out from her goddamn house. It's already 7:15 and she wasn't done yet. I had been waiting for fifteen minutes now and it was killing me. Never been in my whole life I had waited this long. I refused to go inside because I didn't want to deal with his father as he wasn't really fond of me, well, so was I of him. 

Combing my hair back with my hand, I got out of the car and walked towards the door. She was taking long to my liking and I hated it. Of all the women I had dated, she was the one who made me wait like this.

 When I was about to pound on the door, as if on cue, it suddenly flew open, leaving my hand suspended in the air. My eyes widened as I laid my gaze on the woman standing before me with a wide grin on her face. I took in her appearance slowly and hungrily. I admit, she never failed to amaze me whenever she dressed up. For tonight, she was wearing a black low cut mini dress with cinched ties on the side that hugged her perfect curves and showed her cleavage. Her blonde hair was tied in bun which emphasized her oval-shaped face.

"So.." her voice interrupted me from my thoughts, "What do you think?", she asked turning around.

I grinned, "You look freaking hot babe. Shall we?" I offered my hand and she quickly placed hers on mine. I led her to the car and as always, she was too clingy as we walked and usually I was okay with it because I thought it was sweet of her but now, I felt annoyed by it.

We arrived at the restaurant where I made my reservation earlier and  I guided her to our reserved table where the spectacular lights of the streets can be viewed. Well, I wanted this last night to be special for her, so I wanted to be all out. The waiter gave us the menu and I ordered the best dishes for the both of us.

"So...is there something that you want to tell me?she asked excitedly. I couldn't help but smile at her sudden reaction. If only she knew what I wanted to tell her.

I smiled and leaned in, propping my chin to my clasped hands, "I will tell you later,  I know that you will be surprised by what I'm going to say."

'Oh, I love surprises!" she said giggling. 

"I know you do", I smiled sarcastically. Few moments later, the waiter arrived and laid the dishes on the table. She started digging her food gently while I gulped down the wine down to my stomach.

"So how's your day?" I asked looking into her and then back to my plate. She put down the spoon and fork and wiped her lips with the table napkin.

"It's exhausting. I was out shopping with Nina for four long hours earlier. She couldn't decide what to buy and in the end, she bought almost half of the products in the store." 

I frowned lightly, "That's...really exhausting." I had no idea how could women spend so much time in shopping, I meant it was tiring and time-consuming. If I were a woman, I would rather spend my time doing important things than waste my time in shopping. 

"Can I ask you something?" she asked, propping her elbows on the table as her hands cupped her face. She looked at me curiously with a smile playing on her red lips.

"Anything. I will be happy to answer."

"Do you love me?" My mouth slackened briefly as I was caught off guard by her unexpected question. Of all the things she could ask me, she had to ask if I loved her. Well, of course not! For one thing, I didn't believe in love and another was, I didn't think I would fall in love with a woman like her, ever. 

I cleared my throat and composed myself, "No, I don't love you," I said nonchalantly. Her expression fell as she looked shocked at my confession.

"Y-You don't?"

I shook my head, "No, because we just dated and we don't know each other that much. Love takes time for me Nancy," I lied.

"Oh..." A look of understanding crossed in her expression, "I see, then I'll make you fall in love with me Luke as I am in love with you." Huh, as if you could, I was going to dump you tonight.

I tried my all to suppress the laughter inside as I found what she said, funny. She really had no idea who I was, what the people of the city tagged me as. God, how could she be clueless that I wasn't capable of falling in love.

After taking my time to calm myself down, I took a small sip from my wine before clearing my throat. "I have something to tell you Nancy."

She looked up from her plate, her eyes full of expectation. "Oh am I gonna be surprised about it?" she asked excitedly. 

Oh boy, it would hit her hard.

I nodded, "Yeah I think so."

"Spill it out already," she urged, leaning in.

"I'm bored", I said bluntly.

Her brows arched in confusion, "Okay? Then, let's get out of here," she said clasping her hands together.

I chuckled, "No. That's not what I meant...What I mean is... I'm bored being with you. I want to break up." Her shoulders sagged and the excitement that filled her eyes disappeared. She hung up her head with mouth wide opened.

"Did you just say you want to break up with me?"

"Yes. Do you want me to repeat it?"

"But...did I do something wrong?"

I shook my head, "No. Like I said, I'm bored with you. I'm done." With a blink, tears started pouring from her eyes.

"You're...horrible!" she hissed, standing up and before I knew it, a stinging pain took over my left cheek as my head swayed to the side. She then grabbed her purse, bumping the side of the table as she walked past, knocking my glass of wine. 

I snorted and raised my hand to flag the waiter I saw, "Wine, please!" I hollered, smiling, not bothered by the pairs of eyes looking in my way. I didn't care what they saw a moment ago, all I could care about was that, I was a free man once again, not that being in a relationship had stopped me from cheating, it just felt so good to be free from ones annoying claws.