Chapter 40 "Locked Up"

Michael P.O.V

I fluttered my eyes open as I heard a distinct voice calling my name. My vision was hazy and I couldn't clearly make out the view as it was turning before I blinked several times. Finally, the view steadied but a splitting headache came rushing through my skull. I tried to sit up only to find out my wrist was cuffed and chained to a wall. I pulled the chain with my other hand. Even though pulling it was a dumb idea, I continued to do so until a familiar voice echoed through the room.

"Such a waste of time,'' she said. I turned to look at her, ''If I were you, I wouldn't waste my time pulling  on that thing because no matter how many pulls you're going to make, it won't break."

I didn't bother to answer her as I felt exhausted all of a sudden and instead, I dragged myself near the wall and leaned on it, staring at her smirking face. What a nice face to crack!

"What? Are you gonna stare at me all day? Come on cheer up!'' 

"Are you shitting me right now Allison? You, are out of your mind,'' I hissed leaving her laughing hysterically. 

"Thanks for the compliment Michael, I get that a lot,'' she said after her laughter died down. She stood from the chair and walked towards me but stopped a little distant keeping me from reaching her. She bent down to my level.

"If you were so cooperative back then, you wouldn't have end up here,'' she faked a little pout, '' but sadly, you are so stubborn and look where that got you, chained up,'' she looked down at my wrist.

''Oh I can't wait to see you behind bars Allison,'' I taunted, ''I won't be here for long.''

"Ohh! And who's gonna rescue you? No one will find you here Michael and you won't  get out of here until I let you so, until I've succeeded my plan.'' Something snapped within me and I jolted forward, trying to grab her but she's smart enough to keep a distance only leaving my wrist a painful sore. I gritted my teeth as I saw her evil smirk.

"If you touch even a single hair on Rhel, I swear I'll break your neck.''

"Woah, easy tiger, I'm not gonna hurt her, well not today but..,'' she stood up and turned her back on me, "let's just say, I'm still thinking about what I'm gonna do to her, any suggestions perhaps?'' she turned back again and looked at me before she rolled her eyes, "Oh why am I even asking you? I know you won't help me, that's why you're here in the first place and that is a good thing. You're the only one who knows everything and I managed to lock you up.''

You're wrong! I smirked and shook my head at the same time. I noticed her forehead creased as she saw me dragging myself back to the wall still wearing the same smirk.

"Why are you smirking?'' I stared at her and raised my eyebrow. "Hey, talk to me Michael. Who else knows?" I looked down, rubbing my wrist as the cold metal slid a little lower leaving my skin itchy red. She continued to ask but I didn't bother to answer or even look up at her. Judging by her tone, she was already pissed. Without even realizing, she crossed the distance she kept.

"How pathetic,'' I murmured.

"If you don't tell me, I'll make sure, something will happen to Rhel an-.." not wanting to hear more threats, I choke-hold her neck. Her eyes widen as she was surprised and panic was written in her face. My grip tightened around her neck but not too tight to crush her windpipe. Her nails dug at my skin but I didn't let her go.

"Let.Me.Go'', she plead while thrashing. "M-Michael, you're ch-choking me.''

"Stop harassing Rh-...Ahhhhh!" I screamed as a shooting pain spread through my upper leg. My grip loosened and I looked down only to see blood soaking my pants. My legs wobbled making me kneel down to the floor. My breathing became shallow as the pain was just too much to handle. She stabbed me. She just stabbed me.

"Oh my God!", I looked up and saw Allison with a shock expression. She dropped the cutter with my blood in it and ran to the door. I made a mental cursed and looked at my newly obtained wound as the blood seeped through between my fingers. God, too much blood. I took deep breaths and slowly moved my body. I gritted my teeth as the pain became intense with every move I made. My back finally hit the wall and exhaled deeply. Sweats dripped from my forehead and my back felt cold against the wall as the sweats started soaking my t-shirt. 

The door suddenly budged open and came in Allison bringing a towel.

"What am I supposed to do with just that?"

"I don't know,'' she quickly answered. She threw the towel near my leg. "Just put pressure on the wound."

I did what she said and applied pressure on my wound with the towel. "You know this won't help that much.''

"I know,'' she said agitated. She paced back and forth on the room while biting her nails. She did that whenever she's thinking or feeling nervous. She stopped as she thought about something and fetched her cellphone from her jeans' pocket. She dialed and brought the phone to her ear. 

"Jacob, I need you right now...'' and with that she exited the room.

***

I didn't know how much time had passed or how many days I've been locked up in this hellhole. I need to get out of here!  I hoped she was doing her best to locate this place. I must tell Rhel everything I knew before it's too late. Time is running out!

I jolted upright as the metal door collided against the wall. I gritted my teeth as the pain rushed through my leg at the sudden movement. Looking up, I saw Jacob bringing a first aid kit and settled it down to the floor. He kicked it and it slid towards me. 

"Help yourself up,'' he said before dragging the chair to the far corner. He sat down and I eyed him. "What are you looking at?'' I lowered my gaze to the the kit and grabbed it. 

"Tell me, why are you helping her?'', I tried to engage him in a conversation while I was dressing my wound. 

"It's none of your business."

"It is now my business. I'm the one locked up in here. I deserve to know something about kidnappers.'' He stayed silent for few minutes maybe thinking if he needed to answer my question.

"Money,'' he murmured.

''You know I can pay you more than she pays you to do her dirty works.'' He tilted his head and looked at me. ''Oh I get it, it's not just her money. You like her.''

"Call it whatever you want.'' 

I shook my head. "I don't get it. What did you see in her?"

"What did you see in her?'', he countered. My lips were quickly pursed into a tight line. What did I see in her that I was able to cheat on Rhel. That's the question I couldn't answer until now. Instead of continuing to have a conversation, I busied myself wrapping the bandage around my leg. I slid back the kit to him after I put the things I used inside. He stood up and walked towards it. But before he was able to pick the kit up, the metal door suddenly flew open and the police suddenly came barging in, holding their guns up, shouting at Jacob to put his hands behind his head. I looked at him and saw his shocked and confused features as he slowly knelt down. 

"Michael!'' Amber shouted when she saw me. She wrapped her hands around me and accidentally kneed my wound. I hissed at the pain and her eyes shot wide when she noticed the wound. 

"Oh my God! What happened?''

"I'll explain to you later. Help me up.'' She nodded and wrapped her arm behind my lower back to support me.

"Michael!'' Rhel came running and hugged me. Like Amber, she was shocked when he saw my condition and I just told her what I told to my sister. 

Every step I took meant  pain for my leg as we ascended upstairs. Apparently, I was locked up in the basement on an abandoned house and I was gone missing for two days according to Amber. The police dragged Jacob towards the door and we followed behind them.

"Where's Allison?'', I asked the two women.

"Why are you looking for her?'', Amber asked.

"She was the who kidnapped and locked me here.''

"What?", Rhel snapped.

"I promise I'll tell you everything Rhel but for now, let's get out of here."