Chapter 26 "Bad Day"

Rhel P.O.V

I tied my hair into a high ponytail and then looked at the mirror for one last time before I jogged downstairs. Since I didn't have much to do this morning, I thought it would be a perfect time for a jogging. Mr. Kane cheerful barked greeted me as I approached the living room. I went to the kitchen to get his milk and poured it to his bowl. I patted his head before saying goodbye.

The cool air of fresh morning greeted me as I stepped outside. I looked at my watch and noticed its already 5:30, that means I already have half an hour before the sun will rise in the horizon. Once I put my earphones on my ears, I started to jog away from home. I enjoyed this time of the day because it's so peaceful which helps calm my nerves. This time of the day, I could think of a lot of things and by things, I mean, includes my future with Luke. This one month we're together was such a bliss and I've never felt so happy since I can't remember. I already met his parents, and I if I could announce to the world how great they were I would because they were just wonderful and nice. They're just... great! I remembered that time when I was so nervous that I almost trip my way down the stairs when Luke called and said that his parents wanted to meet my family. I was shocked, like literally. So,  I asked Luke to meet me and set a perfect date for our parents to meet. One week had passed, the night that I've been waiting for (insert the sarcasm) has come. I didn't really know why I felt so nervous. Was it because maybe my dad would say some things inappropriate or was it just that it's too soon for our families to meet. I mean, come on, we just reached one month together which was unlikely to other couples there who would let their families meet after 3 to 5 years or more they're together. 

My thought were interrupted as my feet began to get heavy in every step, I decided to take a rest for a while. As I tried  to catch my breath, I felt something. The hairs on the back of my neck suddenly stood still when I felt someone was watching me. I looked around and found nothing weird just few persons jogging their way. I smiled and nodded when the woman noticed me looking at her. When the weird feeling was gone, I continued to jog but this time, to my house. I doubled my speed as if I was  half-running. 

There it is again! The weird feeling I felt before when someone was watching. I looked back to my shoulders and found no one just the empty road I was in before and the trees lining to the side. Everything was calm but why did I get this feeling. My mind went back to the days when someone sends me black roses. But it stopped already and now this? Could it be the same person? I shook my head to stop thinking. When the house was at sight, I ran with my best speed and sprinted towards the door. I quickly turned the knob, opened it and then unexpectedly bumped into someone. IWithout thinking twice, I pushed him as hard as I could as the adrenaline still pumping.

"Whoa Rhel, what's wrong?", he worriedly asked. Concerned flashed in his eyes as he scooped my face with his bare hands. I held his wrists and brought his hands down as realization hit me.

"How did you get in?", I asked confused.

"Door was open. Hey baby what's wrong? You looked like you've seen a ghost." Instead of answering him, I walked past him and headed towards the kitchen. Maybe because the adrenaline was gone that I felt thirsty or even dehydrated, so I grabbed a glass and poured water into it. I gulped it all at once and when it was empty, I tried to pour again but Luke stopped me.

"Hey calm down, okay? Tell me what happened?" I sighed in resignation and felt exhausted all of a sudden. Guess the water didn't help me that much.

"When I went to jog, I felt this weird feeling like I'm being watched and when I looked around, there's nothing out of ordinary." I didn't realize that Luke was holding his breath until he heard me.

"Did that happen to you before?"

"No. Just now!" He sighed and pulled me towards him. He tucked a strand of hair that covered my sweaty forehead.

"We'll figure this out okay?" I held his hand that's been touching my cheek and sighed. "Okay. Maybe I overreacted." I chuckled awkwardly and hugged him tight. It felt so good in his arms, inhaling his scent that became my habit every time we're in each other's arms.

"I never thought you could be such a hugger", he commented.

"What, you don't want me to?", I said through his chest.

"No. I love it. But first..." he stared into me, "let's go swimming." Before I could say back, he took off his shirt. Heat slowly came up to my cheeks as I watched bare chest and hard abs. God I am so lucky! Wait, did I just think that? Not so like me.

"Uh huh! Enjoying the view baby? Don't worry, it's all yours", he said while his hands gesturing his body. I smirked by his confidence and took off my shirt. He made a sexy whistle as he took in the sight in front of him.

"Hot momma!" I rolled my eyes in his comment and shoved my shirt to him before walking past him. 

*************************************************

My feet touched the warm water and the uneasiness that I was feeling starting to dissipate. I dove and swam further. Seconds later I heard a muffling sound of water as if someone dove on the surface. Luke. His hand found my wrist and we both rose up. 

"You want a chase huh."

"Every girl wants a good chase."

"Oh feisty!" His lips landed on mine. His lips tasted sweet despite the salty taste of the water. Before the kiss deepened, I broke the kiss and stared at him. It took me an ounce of will to break the kiss and when I saw him wanting more, I couldn't help but to laugh.

"I got you there Mr. Player."

He nodded and stifled a laugh. "Yeah that was a pretty good move." I pulled him towards me and whispered, "Come and get me." I pushed him, he fell on his back to the water and I ran. It was difficult to run fast since the water wouldn't let my feet. I heard him shout and I laughed.

For an hour we've been running and chasing each other that we didn't notice the time. We both hadn't have breakfast since he came from work and after went straight away to see me. He didn't have a goodnight sleep. He even forgot that he still has meetings to attend to, thanks to her secretary, she called him and reminded him. 

An hour later after he went to work, I was cooking my breakfast. Mr. Kane was jumping and barking behind me waiting for his food. I totally forgot he haven't taken his breakfast.

"Sorry baby! I'll go get your food", he barked as a reply. After getting his food from the cabinet, I poured it to his food bowl and poured it some milk. When I returned to the pan, the egg and bacon were already fried so I put them to my plate. As I was about to eat my first bite, the doorbell rang.

"Ahhh, perfect timing." I stood up and headed to the door. Who could it be? i looked through the peep hole and saw a woman with blonde hair tied into ponytail, her back facing me. I unlocked the door and opened it.

"Yes? Can I help you?", I asked warily. When she turned around, my jaw almost dropped.

"Hi Rhel."

"A-Allison?"