Chapter 56 "Rescued"

Luke

Rubbing my eyes to wake myself up, I grudgingly grabbed the ringing phone from my nighstand and glanced at the digital clock at the same time, it was past midnight. I looked at the caller ID and saw Kelly's name flashed on the screen. Sighing, I pressed the answer button.

"Kelly?"

"Evan, shit, I mean Luke?"

"Yeah, what's up?"

"Um, I know it's late at night and I don't mean to trouble you but I really need your help, it's about Claire," she said worriedly.

"What about her?" I asked sitting up from my slumber.

"Her mom called me and said she hasn't been back since earlier. We tried calling her but she wouldn't pick up."

"Where do you think could she be?" I asked worriedly.

"I think she's at the club. Earlier, we agreed to hang out but I called her telling her I couldn't go since something came up. I didn't know she went alone until her mom called me. I'm worried about her Luke, she sounded sad when I called her."

I nodded in understanding even if she couldn't see me, "Thanks for letting me know Kelly. I'll go find her." I ended the call and got off the bed.

After ten minutes, I was already on my car and sped off towards the highway. Fortunately I decided to stay for couple of days in town thinking that Claire would change her mind and talk to me. Tom, on the other hand, went back to the city two days ago since he has a company to manage.

Driving across the peaceful highway, I thought about Claire. I didn't think she would like to see me again after what I did to her. But it didn't matter for now, what matters most was how she was doing. I just hoped that she was okay because judging by what Kelly had told me, Claire was going through on something right now.

Not so long after, I reached the club and parked the car. I immediately went inside the buzzing place. It wasn't too crowded inside since it was weeknights but it was still hard to find Claire. Deciding to search first the dancefloor, I took my time searching for Claire's familiar figure. The party was in full swing now making it hard to pass through the horde of sweaty bodies. It wasn't a surprise why people still high on energy even if it was already past midnight since great party often started during this time around, thanks to Lure

I made it to the center of the dancefloor minutes later but still there was no sign of Claire. I may have missed some people but I doubted that she was dancing here right now. Determined to find her, I decided to stay for another five minutes before going to the bar counter. I was standing on the center, engulfed by the dancing people around me but I didn't let them distract me as I let my eyes roamed around the surrounding. 

"Hey hotness!" I instantly turned to the woman behind me as her hand snaked to my torso. I thought it was Claire but to my dismay, it was just another woman looking for something fun considering how she was roaming her hand against my chest. I shook my head and held her hand away.

 "Are you looking for someone?" she whispered seductively near my ear before licking it. Although I wasn't new to the sudden gesture, it still sent shivers down to my spine. Tilting my head towards her, I could smell the liquor in her breath. Instead of answering her, I wasted no time and walked away from her, remembering why I came here in the first place. Before I could even go far, her hand found my arm. I turned towards her and she immediately encircled her arms around my neck.

Letting out a defeated sigh, I untangled her arms and looked at her. "Look I don't have time to have fun right now. I'm sorry," her smiled wavered and her face was replaced with a dismayed expression. Luckily she understood what I was trying to say when she nodded. Leaving her a kind smile, I walked away and headed to the counter where I saw Jimmy serving drinks to two women. I hollered at him and jogged towards the counter. He looked up and grinned as soon as he saw me.