Chapter 3 "The Beginning" (Edited)

Luke

Beep..beep...beep..

I was woken up by the constant beeping of my alarm clock. Groaning, I reached out to the bedside table and killed the noisy thing and pushed aside the duvet that covered my half naked body and changed into a sitting position.

"Oh God not again.." I murmured, rubbing my temples as headache was kicking in . Did I drink too much last night? Oh yeah, I had a small celebration, alone, because finally I was single and available again. And I remembered, as a result, the waiter ended up calling Tom to drive me home and probably that guy was pissed at me right now as he mentioned he would be going on a date, unfortunately he was called to become my chauffeur. Either he left her girl or he ended their date a little early.

Grabbing my phone from the bedside table, I saw a message from Tom and opened it. I was right. Tom was pissed, I could tell just by reading his all caps text, saying how he left her date without proper excuse.

Poor Tom!

*

I grabbed the car keys that was on the table and strode towards the door, rushing out to the elevator as it was about to close. As I glanced at my left side, I saw a hot blonde girl wearing an office suit, staring at me, eyeing me with pure lust. Well, It was easy to tell because I usually saw the same expression from other women.

She licked her upper lips slowly but when I purposely ignored her, her cheeks reddened, immediately averted her gaze in front. Finally, the elevator door opened and I strode out. I climbed in on my black ferrari, turning on the ignition and maneuvered out of the parking lot, driving to the highway.

I was thankful for today as there was no traffic for I had a smooth driving. I stopped my car when the traffic light turned red. Smiling in amusement, I stared with adoration at the car in front of me and thought the person driving that car must had a really nice taste and honestly, I would have bought a car like that if I wasn't too in love with this baby ferrari I was driving.

Finally the traffic light switched to green and I put my hands on the wheel, readying myself to move. When I noticed the car in front wasn't showing any intentions of moving, I let out an angry sigh, tapping on the steering wheel with my fingers impatiently. 

I really hated waiting and here I was, waiting again like last night but this time not on some girls but on a car. I honked at the car but it was useless. I honked again...and again but still the car didn't show any signs of movement. Looking back, luckily, there was no car at the back or else my ears would burst from honking. 

I glanced at my watch and realized it was already past seven. 

"That's it, you're dead," I cursed before getting out of the car.

I slowly approached the car and as I reached the driver's side, I peeked right away through the window to see who was driving but unfortunately it was tinted, so I tapped at the window a couple of times but I got no answer. Was the driver deaf? I tapped again but this time, a strong one and looked like it worked when I heard an unlocking sound inside the car. 

Good! Now come out asshole!

The door opened and as I laid my eyes on the driver, my eyes widened involuntarily as she got out of the car. I could feel my body slowly heating up at the sight of this beautiful woman standing in front of me, making my heart pounded like it was going to come out my chest anytime. What a lovely lady

I swallowed the lump back that formeddon my throat as I watched her long black hair dancing to the rhythm of the wind.

"What?" she unexpectedly snapped causing me to jump a little, bringing me back to my senses. Now she was angry? I should be the one who should be angry, not her. Realizing what she did, she sighed and added, "I'm sorry, um, what is it that you want?"she added but this time with a calmer tone. "Can I help you with something?" The angry look on her face earlier was now replaced with a gentle expression.

I crossed my arms on my broad chest and remained silent.

"Look...I'm sorry about earlier. I shouldn't have snapped at you like that..you see...I've been looking for something. It fell down," she said as she started peeking through her car's window. Wait! Was she talking to her car or me? Besides, how could she see something inside just by looking through the window? How pathetic! 

She stood straight  and finally looked at me again. 

Now that's what I've been waiting for. To see your face.

"I apologized mister...wait a minute...I know you... you're Luke Lacela." I felt a tug on my lips as they curled up into a smile when she said my name. "Huh! Fancy meeting you here, but I just wished I hadn't seen you today because I know it would ruin my day."

I frowned in confusion, "What do you mean?"

"And now my day's ruined. Great!" She chuckled humorlessly. What was wrong with this woman?

"Excuse me, do I know you? Did I do something wrong to you? Because it seems like you don't like me that much."

 She huffed, "That's because I don't like you that much. You're not just a playboy, but also an idiot for playing those women like toys." 

"Idiot huh! No one has called me that, you're the first one and I find it interesting," I said, smirking.  

She crossed her arms over her chest, "Now you know that not all women would fall for your charm and good looks."

"You think I look good? Thanks. I like you already, you're interesting," I said teasingly causing her to roll her eyes. 

"That's because you're interested into women, that's why you find me interesting." 

"No! Trust me, you're different." I admitted. 

"Is that what you tell to other women to make them sleep with you?" She uncrossed her arms and put them on her hips.

"What do you think?" I smiled. We stared into each other for a brief moment when suddenly a loud honk erupted. We turned to look at the cars lining, waiting for us to move aside and settled the fight. Well, I didn't notice the cars at all. I was deeply absorbed by this woman in front of me and for a second, she made me think that we were the only people on the highway. 

When I turned to look at her, I was surprised when she was now standing close to me, staring deep into my eyes. It felt like she could see through me, sending chills down to my spine.

"If I see you again, I swear to God, I will break your fucking face!" she said seriously before turning her back to me and got into her car, instantly sped off, leaving me dumbfounded. 

Woah! That was...hot!

"And tough," I muttered before looking back to the cars waiting, "I'm sorry!" I shouted and got in to my car and once again zoomed off the road.