Chapter 38 "Typical Day"

Rhel P.O.V

I watched as people walking around, looking at the photographs hanging at the wall of the gallery. My hands were clasped together on the counter I was sitting in while patiently waiting for Amber to come and pick me up. I was looking forward to this day where we could bond again. And it would be more fun if Megan could come with us but she just couldn't leave her work.

Tapping my fingers, I spotted a man and a woman holding a little girl in between them. The little girl was looking up the photographs hanging in the wall while playfully swinging both of her hands. After a moment, the man, probably the little girl's father, bent down and held the child in her arms. The woman moved closer to them, stroking the back of the child with her bare hands.

 I smiled at the thought that someday, I would have a family like that. I imagined stretching my hand, stroking the back of our little baby while Luke's carrying him or her. Thinking about Luke's being a father made me blushed. What kind of father would he be like? I hope he wouldn't be that strict.

"Hello! Earth to Rhel!'' A voice broke me out of trance. I glanced at the source of the voice and saw Amber leaning on the counter, elbows propped up and bare hands cupped her face.

I blinked a couple of times before flashing an awkward smile. "Hey!" 

Oh God, I hope she didn't notice me blushing.

"Don't hey me, I've been here for like a minute now and here you are daydreaming. What were you dreaming about? You're blushing!"

And she noticed!

"Uh, nothing."

She looked at her back, to the family I was just looking. Smirking, she faced me while slowly shaking her head.

"I don't want to know,'' she muttered. 

''Good,'' I said, bobbing my head. "Now, come on."

I grabbed my bag the from the swivel chair and rounded the counter before dragging her outside the gallery. We got into her car and made way out of the parking lot. Soon we were driving to our destination, music filled the air. We both cheered when the next song we used to sing played in the speaker. Amber was tapping against the wheel while I imagined playing a guitar. Our heads moved, dancing to the beat of our favorite song, Make Me Wanna Die by Pretty Reckless.

'Take me I'm alive'

'Never was a girl with a wicked mind'

'But everything looks better when the sun goes down'

Amber first sang the verse. I watched her sang confidently the song while I imagined plucking the strings of my guitar.

I cleared my throat before singing my turn.

'I had everything'

'Opportunities for eternity'

'And I could belong to the night'

We both sang after, heads rocking back and forth like rock stars. I smiled while singing knowing that I wasn't really in tune but Amber was. She has a really good voice. I always feel like listening to a real singer whenever I hear her singing. Oftentimes I tell her to join or audition into singing acts but she just shrugs the thought. I didn't know why.

We finished the song, panting like we've been running. Who wouldn't though, I felt like we weren't singing, we're just screaming. 

"That was pretty good,'' she said, glancing at me.

"Yeah and you can still sing really good,'' I commented. 

"Of course and you can still scream really good.''