Chapter 27 "Confrontation"

Rhel P.O.V

Flashback

It was a perfect day that I decided I'll visit Michael in his office. Since I was done with all the works for the gallery, I thought, visiting your fiance would be a good stress reliever. So, when I finished cleaning my desk in the gallery, I immediately drove my way to his office. I was all-smiles thinking that Michael would be surprised to see me in there since I rarely do visit him. After a full 25-minute drive, I parked the car and tied my hair into a tight ponytail before dragging myself out of the car. I walked towards the entrance and glanced at the name 'Marks Technologies'. I smiled before walking in through the automatic sliding door. 

"Ah, good afternoon Ms. Forbes", a woman in her mid-twenties behind the desk greeted me. If I remembered correctly, her name is Lara, or Kara was it?

"Good afternoon to you too Lara."

"It's Kara, Ms. Forbes." I chuckled before saying sorry and proceeded to the elevator. 

After waiting for a couple of minutes, finally I reached the 30th floor. When I walked to Michael's office, Nicole, his assistant, stopped me before I could reach towards the door. She looked agitated and nervous. I frowned waiting for what she's about to tell me.

"Ah, um, Mr. Marks is currently in a meeting right now." I huffed, raising my eyebrow at the same time. I did remember Michael called me yesterday to know if I could visit him today since we didn't get a chance to see each other for the past four days, of course, because of our work.

"Is it an emergency meeting?" I asked. She nodded quickly. 

"Okay? Well, um, I'll just wait for him." 

"No, no..." she quickly answered. "...um I mean...I'm sorry Ms. Forbes, it's just that..." I crossed my arms on my chest, demanding for her to continue. Something is up right now. She wouldn't even look at me in the eyes.

"What's going on Nicole? Is something wrong?" She lowered bit her bottom lip and lowered her head. 

"Nicole! Talk to me." She remained silent and then it hit me. "He's not in the meeting, is he?" The girl just nodded and before she could react, I dashed to the door and pushed it open. There, in the middle of his office, at his desk, Michael was making out with another girl. Anger and shocked erupted within me as I watched him clearly enjoying the moment. When he noticed me, his eyes shot wide and quickly pushed the girl apart. I could feel searing pain in my chest and tears pouring down my cheeks. How could he do this to me? How could he betray me? Wasn't I enough for him? Questions bombarded my mind while walking towards them. I was so angry that the nails were digging down to my palms as my hands curled into fists.

"Rhel, it-it's not what you think okay? Baby?"

"H-how long?'', was all I could mutter. I didn't care for his explanation anymore. What I saw was a clear proof that he's cheating on me. He hesitated for a moment and then sighed. 

"Two weeks", he mumbled. He's been cheating for two weeks? How could I be so dumb to not notice? 

"What change Michael? I thought you love me. I thought we love each other." I couldn't help it. I couldn't stop crying.

"Nothing Rhel! I love you. I'll always love you." He cupped my face with his bare hands but I felt so disgusted by the heat, the heat I thought was real. I yanked his hands away.

"Then why the hell did you do this..." I screamed. "If you loved me then why are you hooking up with someone else huh?"

"It's hard to explain, it's too complicated. I'm so sorry Rhel, please forgive me...please, I love you."