A Piece of Me: A New Beginning

2 years later...

Chugging down a glass of beer, I cringed as the acid burned its way to my stomach. After a loud burp, I settled the glass on the counter with a thud. Swinging my stool towards the dance floor, I scanned among the crowd and spotted the the person I was looking for. Brown, neck-length hair and a face with high cheek bones, how could I missed this cheating bastard. Fetching my phone on my jeans' right pocket, I dialed my best friend's number. It took three rings before she picked up, anticipation was clear in her voice.

"Did you see him?"

"Right on my sight Kelly."

"What's he doing? Is he with someone else? I want details Claire."

I gritted my teeth, angry while watching my best friend's boyfriend having the best time of his life. "Oh he's just dancing and all, and when I mean dancing, he's been lip-locking while his big of a hand scooping her big fake breast. Apparently, it's Veronica's breast." I expected her to yell or scream on the other end but instead, I could only hear her groan.

"Come on! Say something. What do you want me to do?" I asked impatiently. Drumming my fingers on my lap, I waited for her answer.

"Disengage!"

"Uh WHAT?" I snapped. Looking around, I noticed some people turned their heads on me because of my sudden outburst. Lightly shaking my head, I turned my attention to the person I was talking to. "Funny you should say walk away when I'm into him right now. This is just, ugh, you're spoiling the moment Kelly."

"I know, I just don't want you to cause a scene and besides, he's not worth it. I'm just gonna sleep him off and forget about him."

I sighed. "I can't believe how you're handling this well right now. Anyway, I can't just take off without leaving him something to remember."

"I can't stop you, can I?"

"You know better, so don't argue." She sighed and clicked her tongue.

"Fine. Do what you want. Just don't do a lot of damage. I'll see you tomorrow."

I smirked before ending the call. 

Here we go!

Making my way through the crowd, I shove some sweaty bodies to the side. Apparently Jackson and Veronica were surrounded by a lot of party freaks. Getting to them was harder than I thought. When I reached a distance from them, I could only shook my head in disbelief. If I wasn't aware of the situation, I would say they should get a room. 

"HEY!", I yelled. Jackson raised his head from her chest looking wide-eyed at me. I smirked and crossed my arms against my chest. He immediately let go of her and combed his hair with his bare hand.

"Shit! Claire, I can explain."

"I'm sorry what? I can't hear you." I grinned and gestured pointing my ear. It was true the music and crowd noise had gotten louder but I definitely heard his statement. He moved closer and faced me.

"I can explain. What you saw wa-," He was unable to finish his excuse when my fist landed straight to his nose. He instantly went down to the floor with a thud, with a bleeding nose. I heard Veronica's gasped and saw some party freaks surprised looks, seeing Jackson's body unconscious body on the floor. Her shocked gaze landed on me and I just raised my eyebrow as  a retort.

"What is wrong with you?", she snapped. "You can't just punch people around. You're sick."

"I could ask you the same thing. What is WRONG with YOU? You can't just kissed people around or...or... let them touch your fake breasts especially when they're in relationships. That is just horrible."

"What is it to you? I can do whatever I want."

I stepped closer to her, glaring as hard as I could. "It is everything to me. That's my bestfriend's boyfriend you're hooking up with and I know YOU knew that already, but you still can't get your hands off of him and that makes me hate both of you, so if you don't want to get punched in the face, better stop arguing with me and step aside." She was taken aback for a moment but then she unwillingly stepped aside. The crowd started to disperse before I walked out of the club.

Inhaling the cool air of the night made me clear my head. I was pretty aggressive back there. It was either because of the alcohol or the thought that Jackson was cheating behind my bestfriend's back. Nevertheless, getting out of that congested club was a good idea.

After a few walks, I finally reached my car. I was about to open the car door when I stopped midway. I saw two men harassing someone a few distance where my car was parked. I gritted my teeth, stopping myself from interfering.

Just get in the car, you caused enough trouble tonight. Those are two big guys, it would be difficult for you. BUT innocent life is at stake here. You can't just turn your back and do nothing. That would be horrible."

"Shit", I murmured before walking away from the car. When I got closer, I realized they were robbing a guy. One of them was carrying a knife while the other was a baseball bat.

"Come on, I know you have more cash from there. Give it up all I'll f*cking smash your head off."

"I told you that's all I got, you morons." I was surprised the beaten guy wasn't having it. Brave.

"I'll cut your--"

"That's enough, you guys. Better stop what you're doing."

"Or what?" the guy with a knife snapped.

"You'll see," I said while smirking. They looked in each other before charging towards me. 

Showtime!

The guy raised his baseball bat above head, attempting to smash my skull but before he could, I immediately kicked him in the stomach, making him reel backwards. Regaining my stance for a second, the knife guy charged ready to stab me from below but apparently he wasn't so fast. Good thing they were drunk, they don't have much control. Pushing my hand out down to his forearm, I immediately pulled it to my side, gaining control of his arm, making him release the knife before throwing a kick to where it hurts the most. The baseball bat guy saw his friend in pain made him think twice to attack. Glaring him, he scurried away, leaving his friend behind.

"You want a second kick?" The knife guy shook his head, hoisted himself up and ran away. Throwing the knife, I walked to the beaten guy who was sitting unconsciously, leaning on his cool car. The two robbers were right. This guy has more cash.

I knelt down, inspecting the guy. He looked familiar, without the bruise and beard on his face, I knew I had seen him somewhere. 

"Hey stranger, are you okay?"

His eyes fluttered, showing his two blue orbs. He squinted as if to make out what I looked like. Unexpectedly, his hand reached out,  touched my cheek and uttered a single word or a name...

"Rhel?"