31. Submission

Alexei was still out cold by the time I crawled away from him and used the bathroom to freshen up. I took a quick shower and added a blob of toothpaste on the tip of my finger to swipe along my teeth. Later, when I went home, I would give it a good scrub with a proper toothbrush.

Once I was finished, I left the bathroom, surprised to see Alexei sitting up, talking on his phone. His voice was a delicious rasp as he rubbed his eyes and rolled his neck. His eyes caught mine, smouldering. Without taking his eyes off me, he gestured to his lap, 'come here' he mouthed.

I practically skipped to him.

Just as I approached the side of the bed, he hauled me over his body until I was straddling his thighs. His lips skimmed my forehead briefly before he returned to speaking into his phone.

"Yeah, I'll be there."

Jude's voice came from the other line, "At noon, we'll assemble."

"Alright boss, I'll be there."

The line beeped, ending the call.

"What's going on?" I asked, brushing my thumbs across his jaw. He turned his head, nipping my fingers and pressing a kiss on both my wrists.

"Jude will be announcing the news to the Pack today about the Blue Cave Pack. He wants me to come early."

"You sound unsure."

"Not of Jude but the whole situation with Bennett."

"No one trusts him."

"I don't know how the Pack will react to all this. Jude is a wise guy. The Pack always have been loyal to him but having a whole other Pack here with us, especially Bennett's could make people uncomfortable. They might even demand a new Alpha."

I dragged my palm to his chest, feeling the rapid pace of his heart. "Relax. This is Jude Slater we're talking about. We don't need to trust Bennett. Everyone just needs to trust Jude. Jude has never failed anyone in the Pack before. He won't start now. I'm sure he has something planned."

Alexei set his chin on the crown of my head, inhaling deep. "Trust Jude huh? That's it?"

"Yes, and stop sounding so mellow about it. I can sense that you're not smiling."

When I rocked back, my words were confirmed.

He was wearing an upside-down smiley face.

To be fair, he was still half asleep, but he seemed completely lax beneath me as I rubbed the back of his neck. His eyes fluttered shut as he rested the back of his head against the headboard. "That feels good." He whispered, rolling his shoulders too.

I dug my fingers into the tense muscles, drawing circles into his skin. "Want more?" I pitched my voice lower, so it was a seductive drawl that oozed off like velvet.

"A bit harder Solnishko." He replied, "Yeah, that's it. Keep going. Don't fucking stop."

I snorted, amused as he slowly opened one eye to peek down at me. "Like this baby?" I squeezed one spot on his shoulder hard, kneading out the tension there.

His eyelashes fluttered as he tipped his head back, swallowing hard. I watched his throat bob. His hands suddenly gripped my hips, angling it in a way I could feel how much I was affecting him. "You're trying to kill me. I know it."

"I'm pretty fond of you to let you go for now."

"You're not tired?" He asked, forcing his eyelids open to watch me intently.