34. What Is Love?

I lost my mind, the moment I saw you
Except you, everything get in slow motion
Tell me, if this is love
Sharing and learning countless emotions everyday with you
Fighting, crying and hugging
Tell me, if this is love
Exo- What is love?

Alexei's POV

"You're being weird." Alexei sighed as Tatiana followed him up the stairs to his spare room where he transformed into his own personal office.

"I'm trying but surely you know why I'm being a bit out of sorts."

"I don't." Alexei closed the door behind him, closing off the Sascha's giggles from below.

Sascha had taken an instant liking to Pen. He had no doubt that she would. He also had been right knowing that Tatiana would take a little longer to warm up to Pen, but he was confident she'd get there.

"Don't you remember what babushka said?" Tatiana's question reeled him from his thoughts.

"Yes, I remember."

"She said you'd find a wild wolf."

Babushka had been right on that one too.

But a strong she-wolf.

Pen did possess a wild wolf, one that she couldn't control. It worried him endlessly, but he had been training with her. There was still little to no improvement, but he had hope. Pen would gain total control of her wolf. They just needed to try harder.

"You don't need to worry about me Tati."

"Which Pack did she come from before she became a Recruit and joined the Elite Syndicate?"

Alexei sat at his desk, clasping his hands together upon the surface. Tatiana was halfway sitting on the armchair. Her pose emulated his.

"She didn't come from a Pack."

"W-what?"

"She had no Pack, she was-"

"-she was a Rogue." Tatiana whispered, stunned.

Alexei drew in a breath and nodded, "Yes, she was a Rogue."

"Babushka was right."

"She never was wrong." Alexei agreed.

"Does she know what happened to Mama and Papa?" Tatiana asked so quietly, he almost didn't catch her words.

Alexei shook his head, "I haven't gotten to explaining that to her yet."

"She has to know soon Alex."

"I know."

"Does she also know about the other things? Like you being deemed the Rogue Killer and all?"

"Only half. I haven't yet spoke to her about the other reasons I had for hunting down Rogues."

"You have to tell her Alex. It's important to our story. Your mate should know these things."

"I will. Things just have been haywire here."

Tatian blew out a sigh, "It's good to see you bratt. Babushka misses you deeply. You should drop in soon. She's getting older and crankier. She absolutely hates my cooking and reminds me of it every time I put something in front of her."

"You sure it's edible?"

Tatiana groaned, "I have improved Alex, seriously. Maybe I can cook dinner or something."