Chapter 13: Fire and Ice

Taylor POV:

I went to my room and Logan was in there. "Hi, Taylor can we talk?" He said looking concerned. I walked toward him and I asked what's wrong he looked worried. "Taylor I just got a call from my mom, She tracked my father down and she wants us to talk to him," Logan says. "Logan why does this seem like more than it is, you seem scared," I said worriedly. "It's because I feel like it's a trap, I have to tell Jack and Alex, I'm scared Taylor, We love our mom more than anything she helped us realize that if we do get powers we don't have to be afraid of them," Logan says with tears coming down his face. I hug him, I hate when I can't do anything to help him I feel so helpless. We go downstairs and tell him it will be ok.

Logan POV:

I walk downstairs with Taylor, I can feel my hands shaking. Taylor held my arm and rubbed my hand. I am so glad I have her. I ask Jack, Kim, and Alex to sit down. "Guys, mom called and she tracked down dad and she wants us to come and try and talk to him," I say trying to hold it together. Jack and Alex look at each other. "Logan are you sure you want us all to do this, I mean we might be walking into a trap," Jack said. "Guys we can't give up on dad, He might be a villain but have a chance here to get our real dad back," I say hoping they feel the same way. They look at each other. "Ok logan we'll do it we have to have hope for dad," Alex said looking hopeful. Alright, let's go get our dad back.

Taylor POV

I put on a black leather jacket and a white shirt and white leggings. I put my hair in a side braid. I got a text.                                                                                                                                    

L: Taylor come downstairs we are about to head out.

I head downstairs and we all go to the car and head to the location Logan's mom said she was gonna meet us at. I got out of the car to see a woman who kinda resembles Alex but she looks older. She has brown hair and has a black shirt on with white jeans has her hair up in a ponytail. Logan, Alex, and Jack all run up to her and hug her. "Hi, I'm Eliza thank you for taking care of Alex and the boys." She says smiling.  She says that their father is in the building behind her. We all walk in and we see their father and he looks hurt and glad at the same time. It's kinda creepy. "Dad, I know you're angry but we miss you we want to be a family again," Alex says with hope in her voice. "I am surprised you came, but it's a little too late little one," their dad says smiling. I knew it, I knew it was a trap. He blasted us with some type of power dampener. He knocks all of us to the ground. He pulls out a gun and aims it at their mother.  "We could be on the same side as a family, But instead you would rather suffer than rule the world with your own father, Well I guess I have to be the one to start your suffering," Their father says. I tried to get up but he must have weakened me and Kim couldn't get up either. I watched in tears as Logan, Alex and Jack beg their father not to shoot. It didn't work, It was like everything was in slow motion he pulled the trigger and I can't get their screams out of my head. Logan caught their mom and laid her on the ground. "Oh kids, I'm so sorry I should've seen this coming," Eliza said gasping for air. 

Logan POV:

I screamed in horror as my mom was shot and fell to the ground. I ran toward her and caught her and laid her on the ground. Jack and Alex ran toward us. I started to cry and Alex and Jack were crying too. "Oh kids, I'm so sorry I should've seen this coming," My mom said with tears in her eyes as she was gasping for air. "Mom please don't go, Please," Alex said crying. "Jack, please take care of Logan and Alex, please, Kids you have no idea how powerful you are, You are destined to be heroes, " My mom said. We see her eyes close and I hear Alex crying and screaming. Taylor and Kim walk up to us and take us to the car. "Logan, I am so sorry, Your mom was right you are destined to be a hero," Taylor says smiling at me. I hug her. "Ow! Ow!," Taylor said pulling away. Whoa, what did I do? she looks at the back of her jacket. It looks bunt. I look at my hands and I see a fire ball. Oh My god. I have powers