Chapter 20: Feeling at home (well, sort of)

Taylor Pov: 

I woke up and looked around the room. I saw logan sitting in a chair by my bed eating a pop tart. I smiled at him, "How does one person look so adorable eating a pop tart and scrolling through his phone." I thought happily. "Hey snowflake, how are you feeling," Logan said, looking at me with his hazel green eyes and with concern. "Um my leg hurts and I feel pretty crappy", I said with a little sadness in my voice. I feel so bad. My sweet and loveable boyfriend has to watch me in pain. I know how much he cares for me, I wish his dad just saw him the way we do. Then I heard the door open to see Kim and Jack, They look tired and Kim came over to the bed and hugged me. I feel so calm right now. Kim means so much to me and she is so strong and I can tell that she is terrified of losing me. " Hey, so mom and dad are coming back from their business trip in Colorado and you are gonna be discharged today, isn't that great?" Kim says with hope in her eyes. Even when everyone is angry and sad. Kim still finds a way to give us hope. "Yea it's great, I just wish everything was normal again". I say with tears in my eyes. "Hey, tay you know this is our new normal where we have powers, It'll be okay we are all scared right now," Kim says. I have always felt safe in our little circle, I don't think that's gonna change. After that, the doctor came in and she said that I can be discharged since it's been a few days and it will take a month or two for me to fully start walking again. I also have to take stupid physical therapy.  But I have a feeling that I will be ok.

Kim Pov: 

I watched as the doctor told Taylor about physical therapy. Honestly, I am terrified, I mean come on Jack, Logan, and Alex's dad won't give up until he has them on his side. I hope that we will be able to handle everything that he throws at us. I got up from the chair and the doctor told us to keep track of her steps and make sure that she takes her meds and make sure she pushes herself in therapy. She gave us some crutches for Taylor. Logan helped Taylor out of bed and I gave her the crutches and I helped her get dressed in the bathroom. I brought her a cute cream sweater and red beanie and black jeans and her favorite boots. So after that, we got the discharge papers and jack drove the car up. I put Taylor's crutches in the trunk and Logan helped Taylor and I drove us all home. Honestly, I just wanted all of this pain to be over. Logan and Taylor are getting the worst of it. I will do everything I can to protect my baby sister, even if I have to hurt someone. My family means everything to me. Jack, Alex, and Logan, they are my family too and I will protect them with my life.