Chapter 25: I will do anything to protect this family

Taylor pov:
I woke up to the sun shining in my face and I saw Logan asleep on my chair by the window. He must've checked on me in the middle of the night. He's so sweet and I hate to see him in pain. I got out of bed and put on a light pink shirt with black jeans. I woke logan up and we went downstairs to see my parents arguing about something. My parents asked us for our opinion. "Taylor, Logan We are trying to make a plan to take down your father and we need your opinion on how to take him down?", My mom said. I honestly thought that we could lure him into a trap with logan's mom. Wait, he thinks she's dead and we can catch him off guard and take him down. I told everyone the plan and everyone thought it was a good idea. Then we all got to work.  I started to train with Logan, Alex, Kim, and Jack, we all got stronger and Logan's mom taught Alex how to use her powers better. We were almost ready. My dad was gonna teach me and logan how to fire a gun and how to use our powers against each other just in case. I grabbed the gun and he told us when it is up it is for safety and down is on. First, we practiced with cans. Then we practiced with glass and then we got to the hard part fighting each other. My dad and mom put us in a room that could contain us if one of us hurt the other way too hard. But I don't think that's gonna happen. I threw an icicle at him and he kicked it out of the way. He blasted me across the room and I used my powers to make myself levitate, I hit him in the face and he hit me in the stomach and I flipped him and he put me in a chokehold and I tapped his arm cause was crazy strong on me. I think he didn't know that he almost hurt me. He hugged me after he let go. "I'm sorry Taylor, sometimes I don't know my own strength," He said still hugging me. I can feel he's scared of losing me I know that he will do everything to protect me and sometimes that worries me. "Kids, it's time for us to finish this," Dad said with a serious face. We grabbed the guns and we headed to the car. Eliza told my parents the location and I held hands with logan because was shaking and terrified. 

Logan pov: I could tell Taylor was scared. I held her hand and kissed her cheek. We got to the warehouse and we grabbed our guns. My mom told Taylor's mom to stay in the car and help us get into the warehouse. Taylor's mom gave each of us a comms set and kissed Taylor's father and hugged Taylor and Kim. We entered the warehouse and some guards came towards me and Taylor. We blasted them against the wall and one tried to shoot Taylor and she did something called a hospital flip which looked extremely painful. We all finally got to the room my dad was in and we hid except for my mom. "Jacob!", I heard my mom say. My dad turned around and he looked scared, I have never seen my dad scared ever. "Jason, I know you thought I was dead but don't do this we don't want this life. We just want to be a family again.", My mom said with tears slowly coming down her cheeks. "It's too late Eliza, You and the kids made your choice and now I am going to do what I need to do to bring our family back together.", My dad said grabbing a knife. My dad walked toward my mom with a knife and she used her powers to grab the knife and throw it into the wall far away from them. They started to fight each other and we all ran out to help my mom. she looked like she was struggling. My dad grabbed a gun and aimed it at Taylor. "Ugh, kids I really didn't want you to start making me do the whole "I have to kill you all one by one" but oh well", My dad said firing the gun. I wasn't fast enough to push her out of the way. I saw her dad push her out of the way and he was shot in the heart. I heard Taylor and Kim scream. I saw her mother run and she started crying.

Taylor pov: I saw my dad shot right in front of me. "Dad! Please not now I can't lose you daddy please no.", I said crying. "My girls, I will always love you. Taylor, I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you, baby girl. Kim, you have to protect this family now.", My dad said as his breaths were getting slower. "Daddy why would you do this?", Kim and I said. "Girls like I said before I will do anything to protect this family till my last breath." My dad said with his last breath. I cried and screamed and logan and jack picked us up and hugged us. Logan made a fireball with his hands and threw it at his dad and it hit his leg. Why does he get to be alive? He killed my father, He deserves far worse.

A/N: Man I am pulling punches in this chapter. I think Taylor needed the push. She is gonna become a little ruthless after this.