11

I was in the middle of the meeting when Gian sent me a text. I just saw his name pop up on my screen and I haven't opened it yet. My Dad is here attending the meeting as well.

Its exactly 12 noon when the meeting ended when I remember Gian texted me. I get the phone on my pocket and open it.

''Ash,I'm flying back to NY at 12 be back after 2weeks.'' Gian's text. I let out a sighed of annoyance after I read the message. Why I did not open it earlier after I recieved the text. Ash checked the text and Gian sent him the text 4 hours ago. He probably on the plane right now and his phone is turned off. Ash tsk-ed to himself and put his phone back on his pocket.

I talk to him yesterday why he just texted it now? Gian what the heck?? What is so important that you did not wait for me. Asher talked to himself while he was driving back to his unit. Asher and Gian is getting close day by day. He find it so comfortable everytime he talk to Gian. Yves was right Gian is a nice person..and he was so comfortable to talk to. He was not fond at small talks but with Gian he find it so fun and he was enjoying Gian's company.

Last week they went to go grocery shopping and it was his first time doing that stuff. They bought their own groceries and Gian help him fixed it to his kitchen and he even cook their food and eat together at his unit. They hang out together and Gian get back to his unit after they eat dinner together.

Asher park his car and get off the car. Its lunchtime but he was not hungry so he just want to stay in his unit. He will get back at the office later. He was already infront of his unit when Gian's door opened and  Gian get out dragging his suitcase..

''Ian?'' Asher called him and Gian turned to him. He walked up to Gian and pulled him into a hug. Gian got surprised at the sudden act but he did not talk. Asher pull out of his hug and looked at him relieved.

''I'm sorry I was on a meeting with Dad so I did not read your text.'' Asher explained.

''Its okay..I understand..I will go now,I was waiting for your call or text and I'm already messed my flight.'' Gian said. Asher felt guilty.

''Aww..I'm sorry but why you wait for me?..He asked Gian but deep inside he was happy that he did wait for him. ''Anyway,what happened? Why you'll leave?'' Asher asked.

''Mom called earlier,Dad is on the hospital and I need to take care of the company while Dad is resting.'' Gian said. Asher let out a sighed and nodded.

''So How is your Dad? Is he okay?'' Asher asked.

''Yeah,he is okay. He just need a proper rest so he needs me to go back to help him with the company'' Gian said and he locked his door.
''I'll drive you to the airport. Let's go.'' Asher grab Ian's  suitcase and they walk together toward the elevator.

Asher drive him to the airport.

''Thank you'' Gian said after I handed him his suitcase. I walked up to Gian and pulled him into a hug. Asher felt Gian's arms hugging him back. After a minnute they let go each other and Gian waved at him and proceded to the counter to check in.

                                                                     ⚛⚛⚛

Asher get back to his unit after sending Gian to the airport. He slump on his couch and lay his back while closing his eyes. Its weird but he was started missing Gian already. For this past few weeks that they always hang out together he finds comfort with Gian's presence.  

Asher opens his eyes when his phone vibrated inside his pants pocket. He get his phone and check who texted and it reads Violet. He haven't seen her for four days now. Everytime she texted him he always let her down saying that he was busy. Asher knows that she was getting suspicious now but he was not doing anything..

Asher open the message when his phone started ringing Violet is calling him. He answered it.

''Hello,I wanna talk to you.'' Asher said massaging his temple.
''Sure,you've been hiding for days Asher, I've been calling you but you did not pick up. What the hell is happening with you?'' Violet screamed at him on the other line.
''That's why I'm talking to you now. We need to talk properly to settle things between us.'' Asher said ignoring Violet's sudden outburst.
''Meet me at my condo.'' Violet answered.
''Let's just meet at the coffee shop near you're condo.'' Asher said and he cut the line.

He let out a deep sighed and put his phone down and went to his bedroom to take a shower.

''So,what happened to you? Where were you this past few days? I can't reach you..even Zee doesn't know what you've been doing.'' Violet asked him in a annoyed voice.

''Calm down will you? That's why we're here,to talk things out. And I don't have any spare time to argue with you.'' Asher said with a creased on his forehead.

''Ok,care to explain what you've been doing this past few days?'' Violet asked tryng to calmed down.

''Let's break up.'' Asher said.  Violet looked at him with a shocked eyes.
''What?'' She asked trying to process what she heard.

''You heard it right. Let's break up.'' Asher said looking straight on her eyes that started to glisten with tears.

''Are you serious Ash? But why? I thought we're okay. You said you will try to give me a chance. What happened?'' Violet asked her tears started to stream down his face. Asher felt guilty but he really want to end it with Violet.

At first he really doesn't have any feelings for her but he just try but he can't feel any love towards her. Asher hold Violets hand and give him a small squeeze.

''I'm sorry Vi..I don't want to hurt you and think that I was just using you to forget Sam. I tried my best but I can't. I don't feel anything towards you. I'm really sorry.'' Asher said. He felt really bad for Violet but he will just hurt her more if he will not do anything to stop this.

''Can you please give me another chance Ash I promised I will do my best to proved my love for you. I can't lose you Ash please..'' Violet was crying and they are started to get attention from the other custumer.

''Let's get out of here.'' Asher said and he help her get up on his sit They went to the car and Asher take her in her unit. She already calmed down when they reach her unit.

''Are you okay?'' Ash inquired. THey are now sitting on her couch.

''I'm so sorry Vi.'' Ash said after a while.
''Why you didn't tell me about this before?'' Violet asked him.

''I'm sorry. I think about this for days. So I'm telling you now.'' Ash answered.

''oKay..I think you already made your decision..so who's gonna tell about this to our parents?'' Violet asked.

Ash parents and Violet's parents are bestfriend and business partners and their parents set them up since they are both single and hoping that they will ended up together but Asher don't have any feelings towards her. He is just trying to obey his Dad and give it a shot.

Ash let out a deep sighed and answered. He don't have any problem with his parents coz his parents is not really into his relationship and they doesn't force him to do what he doesn't want. Violet's parents is the one that really eager to marry their daughter to Asher.

''You can tell you're parents and I will tell Mom and Dad.'' Asher gets up on his sit while Violet is staring at him.

''I think I will go now. I need to get back to the office.'' Asher said and he waltz his way to the door.

He let out a sighed of relief after he closed the door on his back.