13

After 1 Year

"Come in" Asher said when he heard a knock on his door.

As usual he stayed in the office last night to finished all the documents that he was needed for the business meeting abroad. He was up all night reading and signing all the papers.

Zee walked in and gave him the documents that he was needed..

"Here is the documents that you request Sir." Zee put it on his table.

"Ok thank you. Uhmm..can I have a cup of coffee?" Ash said without looking up.

"You spend the night in the office again Sir?" Zee asked him. The bags on his eye is already visible.

Asher flip the last page of the documents he was signing and put them together before he looked up and stretch his neck.

"Yes coz I need to finished this." Asher answered and he stood up to stretch his back.

"Why dont you just go home Sir so you can take a nap and shower. You dont have any scheduled meeting today...ohh I forgot. You have one scheduled meeting with Mr Tan at 1pm Sir. Do you want me too just cancel it so you can rest?" Zee asked worried on his Boss.

"No no..I have a spare suits in here I'll just take a nap and shower later." Asher said and he walked up to the couch and lay his back.

"I'll just bring your coffee later after you woke up". Zee said he can already hear Asher's soft snore.

Zee walked out of the office and leave Asher sleeping.

Its already lunch time when Asher woke up. He is still sleepy but his stomach did not allow him to sleep again. So he get up and sit on the couch and after a couple of minutes he went inside the shower and took a shower. He stayed in the shower for 3omins before he decided to get out of the shower. He wipe his body and put on his suit. He checked his look on the mirror and brush his hair. His dark circles on his eye is still visible.

After he finished he went to his table and push the button that linked to Zee's office.

''Zee order me some lunch. Anything I'm not picky'' Asher said and when Zee answered he cut the line and sit on his swivel chair.

Asher open his laptop and check his email. He sent replied all the client that send him email.

After a 45minshe heard a knock on his door when he realized it was lock. Asher slid on his seat back and headed his way to the door glancing down his wrist watch. It was already 12nn.

He grab the door knob and he saw Zee holding a paper bag probably his food. Zee handed him the paper bag and Ash said his thank you and closed the door and went back to his table.
He open the bag and put the food on the table..Zee ordered him a vegetable salad,chicken fried rice and a beef steak. Ash finished his food and went to the restroom to brush his teeth.

He has a meeting at 1pm so he get ready.

                                                        ⚛⚛⚛

Its already 8pm when he decided to go home. He turned off his laptop and grab his key and cellphone and headed out of the office. He went to his car and went home. He went straight to his parents house.

Ash parked his car on the lawn and went inside. His parents is having dinner when he went inside. He went straight to his Mom and Dad and gave them a kiss on the cheeks.

''Why you did not tell us that you will go home Son?'' His Dad asked.
''Hm..so we can prepare food for you?'' Her Mom chimed in.

''Its okay Mom,Dad. I just miss you guys so I decided to get home.'' Asher said and he sit on the left side of his Dad and their helper give him a plate.

''Are you okay Son?''His Dad asked. Asher looked at both of his parents and smiled and nod..

''Yes Dad I'm okay.'' Ash answered then he continue eating.
''Son,if you have any problem or you want to talk something just tell us okay?'' His Mom said while looking at him. Ash nodded.

''Noted Mom.'' He said and they finished their food.

''So is the documents ready for the meeting with KGC next week?'' His Dad asked him.
''Yes Dad.'' He answered then he drink his juice and get up. He said his excuse to his parents and went upstairs. He can feel his parents gazed at his back but he just ignored it and went to his room.

Asher took a shower and put on a boxer and a tank tops and get ready to bed. He is so tired but he can't sleep. He just sit on his bed and open his cellphone. He scrolled on Gian's IG photos.

''Its been a year Gian. I really miss you.'' Asher muttered under his breath while gripping his phone.  He turned it off and went to bed when someone knock at his door.

''Ash,can I come in?'' His mom called him outside. Asher seat on his bed and pulled the cover and covered himself.
''Sure Mom.'' He answered and  he lay his back at the headboard.

His Mom walked in and sit on the edge of his bed. His mom looked at him. Worried.

''Zee told your Dad that you are always spending the night in the office.'' His Mom asked.
''No..Mom..'' Ash was  trying to reason out but his Mom cut him off.

''Ash,even if you don't say a thing I know something is wrong. You are neglecting yourself Ash..Look at you now..your dark circles under your eyes says what you are doing on yourself.'' His Mom said. Ash did not try to interupt and he just look at his Mom's worried face.

''Is it about Violet?''  His Mom asked. Asher looked up at her.
''No Mom.'' Ash answered.
''Then what's wrong? You know that I'm always here to listen,right?''
''Yes Mom..And I appreciate that. Thank you Mom I love you.'' Asher said and he moved closer to his mom.

''Can I hug you Mom?'' He said looking at her.
''Yes of course..Come here baby..'' His mom pulled him into a hug and Asher let himself melt on his Mom's warm and  tight hug.

His mom gently caressed his back and Ash slowly feel better with his Mom's comfortable warmth.

After a couple of minutes Asher let out of his Mom's hug and gives her a kissed  on her forehead.

''Thank you Mom. I feel better now. Maybe I should sleep now and you too get a rest.'' Ash said smiling. Her mom kiss him on his cheeks and stood up smiling.

''Hm..you better sleep now so you can get a rest..stop thinking of whatever on your mind and go to sleep.'' His Mom said and she walked out of his room. Asher pulled a cover and covered half of his body and force himself to sleep.

''Gian!''

Asher woke up and he realise that it was just a dream. He dreamed of Gian getting married to his boyfriend. He was about to call him but the wedding is already done when he came.

He called Gian and he notice him but he just smiled at him and get inside his car and drove away with his husband.

Ash check the time on his side table and its already 3am..his heart is still beating so fast. He stood up and grab his water and gulp it. He tried to go back to his sleep but he can't sleep anymore.

Ash get his laptop and just read some documents. After an hour he got bored and just open his IG..

Gian uploaded a photo of him in a white shirt and black jacket with a caption..

'' Its been a while..I keep on missing you.''