Chapter 5: The mission

"You think I am a child of Ultron." Vision finally spoke up again

"You're not?" Steve asked calmly.

"I'm not Ultron." The man stopped walking and looked at all of you. "I am not Jarvis. I am..." He paused and looked around as if he was now trying to understand what he was.

The truth is that he was not human nor some kind of robot. His flesh may was made of metal but his mind was not exactly artificial. He definitely did not look human at all but he certainly felt like it. The man was really just confusing you, he was the only person in that room that you couldn't read clearly.

"I looked in your head," The new girl with the black dress suddenly took a few steps forward. "and saw annihilation."

"Look again." Invited her the man.

"Her seal of approval means jack to me." Clint said. He clearly did not trust the new ones.

"But mine does." You finally said and Clint immediately turned to you. "I don't know how to explain it but we can trust him, the new kids too." You pointed at the girl and her brother. "I have read about the infinity stones and the mind stone is quite a powerful one. It has great energy and it can unleash so much pain."

"But with it on out side-" Thor started but this time Steve stopped him.

"Is it?" He said. "Are you? On our side?" He looked at the red man.

From the moment you got your memories back you could tell that the whole team had changed a lot during the past three years. Steve though had changed the most. Something had happened to him, he was so dry with everyone and especially Tony. You really needed to know what had happened between the two of them but had no time to do so at the moment.

"I don't think it's that simple." The red man finally answered Steve.

"Well, it better get real simple real soon." Clint said. He had something very important on his mind.

"I am on the side of life, Ultron isn't." The man continued. "He will end it all."

It was really quite odd listening to a living, breathing man speaking with J.A.R.V.I.S's voice. You had really missed him being heard all over the house in full blast, or waking you up every morning while making you coffee and opening the drapes in your room so the light could get in.

It made you sad the fact that J.A.R.V.I.S was dead. Even if you could still hear his voice you knew that this thing was not him. This man had indeed some of the J.A.R.V.I.S you knew inside of him but there was also so much more in him. Steve was right, he was now Vision.

"What's he waiting for?" Tony suddenly asked.

"You." Answered the man.

Of course he was waiting for him. Tony was the one who had created him and also tried to off him after seeing who he had become. It was only natural that the guy wanted revenge.

"Where?" You asked, getting ready for a big fight.

"Sokovia." Clint suddenly answered. "He's got Nat there too."

"If we're wrong about you..." Bruce started and walked closer to the man, looking into his eyes. "If you're the monster that Ultron made you to be..."

"What will you do?" Vision asked.

Bruce didn't really have anything to say. This was his creation as well, he couldn't just kill him and move on with his life.

"I don't want to kill Ultron." Vision started walking around the room again. "He's unique and he's in pain. But that pain will roll over the Earth. So, he must be destroyed. Every form he's built, every trace of his presence on the net, we have to act now. And not one of us can do it without the others."