Chapter 7: Back in action

The mission continued to go great and your heart rate kept raising. You really had forgotten how it felt to be in a mission; not knowing where your loved ones were or weather or not they were okay. You sure had missed all the action and the fun during the missions but this part remained the worst one.

"What do we do now?" You suddenly asked Steve.

"Things are not looking good." He said and you looked at him with an annoyed face.

"Well no shit Sherlock! Will you now give us some useful information or not?" You suddenly lashed out.

"Y/n are you okay?" Clint asked you.

"I am just stressed. We have three people missing and I haven't done this in a while." You tried to control your breathing.

Both Steve and Clint immediately turned to you with worried faces. This was an extremely dangerous situation and they were not going to be able to handle it if you had a panic attack. Steve then took your hand and looked you in the eyes, breathing along with you. You took a few more deep breaths before nodding that you were fine.

Though your head felt quite noisy you didn't want to upset anyone. Until the mission was over you had to be fine. You took one last deep breath and then lifted your head to look around. The people were still running around in panic and now screaming louder than ever.

Both Clint and Steve tried to work on crowd control but these people were beyond being controlled. They were all extremely stressed and terrified and their thoughts were a mess. There was no possible way for you or Wanda to calm them down with your powers so you just sat back and tried to figure out a way to get everyone out.

The best way you could think of was to find a magical way to teleport everyone at once, which of course was out of your reach. Even though Loki had said that teleportation may was one of your skills he also highlighted that it was something extremely dangerous and warned you never to try it alone.

Until that moment you always though to be quite powerful and able to do unthinkable things but now you really felt useless. There were hundreds of people standing on a place that they were not supposed to be standing. You knew very well what you were getting into when you agreed to help but they didn't sign up for anything like that.

The plan was for everyone to get out before the fight, but what you hadn't realised was that the fight had started the moment you stepped into the city. Ultron had a greater plan all along and you walked straight into his trap.

You then turned around to Wanda again who was now looking at you with desperation and terror in her eyes, as the city went higher to the air. A loud noise was coming from under the ground that also kept getting louder as the city arose. You looked back at Wanda, not sure what you were going to say but before the words came out of your mouth the screams of the people around you stopped as they all looked up the sky.

Both you and Wanda looked up as well only to see Ultron floating above everyone. You immediately turned to Clint and Steve who were as shocked as you and even more. The people around you were now hugging their families, thinking that this was how their lives were going to end.

Ultron stood still for a few second, admiring his awful achievement and the cries of the desperate people. After that he flew a little closer to you and spoke up.

"Do you see the beauty of it?" He started with a calm and steady voice that could be heard very clearly. "The inevitability. You rise, only to fall."

Suddenly a few buildings collapsed as more and more robots arose and the city was almost completely detached from the earth. At that point you saw Tony with the corner of your eye, flying around, making sure that none one was inside those buildings.