Chapter 23: Almost

For the first time in your life you stayed inside the shower for an hour, maybe more. You were never really a fan of being in there for long but now it was deferent.

This time it was actually quiet and you we feeling so relaxed. This time you were calm. You let the hot water touch your skin, relaxing your muscles and washing away everything that was burdening you up until now. You closed your eyes and enjoyed the sound of silence in your head, combined with the beautiful sound of running water.

This was peaceful. You loved it.

When you finally got out of the full in steam bathroom, you were feeling great. At that point you weren't thinking about anything. For a while you had forgotten about all your problems and worries. Every single one of them was suddenly gone.

You didn't even bother getting into your pajamas when you let your body fall on your king sized bed. You closed your eyes for a few more seconds, still enjoying the silence and lack of headaches. When you opens them again you turned your head and looked outside your window.

New York was even more beautiful, if that was a thing. A smile was suddenly being formed on your lips and you couldn't help but giggle. This was definitely one of the best days of your life.

But then, the dream had to end.

It suddenly hit you that Frey was still unconscious in a bed in the infirmary. And then you were feeling guilty again. You started thinking that it was because of you that she was in a comma. Maybe if you hadn't done anything, if you had taken more time to research, you would've been able to find a better solution.

"Pease don't do this to yourself." You suddenly heard a familiar voice and quickly stood up, only to see Loki standing in front of your door.

"Are you spying on me?" You teased him.

"You are actually being quite loud darling. I would have been able to hear you a block away."

You laughed. He was right. You knew that your thoughts could get quite loud whenever you got anxious about something.

"How many times do I need to tell you not to blame yourself?" Loki took your hands in his.

"I know, Loki. I know. I know that it is not my fault but-"

"There is no but Y/n. Frey is going to be just fine. The only reason why she is in that state is because she needs time to adjust to her new habitant. I have not a single doubt that she will wake up soon."

Loki's words were actually very helpful. You loved how he always had the right thing to say in order to make you feel good. Then again he was able to read you pretty easily.

"Y/n, while you and Frey were on the medical yard, I ran a few tests on you." Loki said.

"Oh?"

"Yes and....Well..." He was hesitant. You didn't know why.

You always struggled reading Loki but now was different. You didn't have any of your powers. You suspected that they would come back some time soon but you never knew how much you could actually miss them.

If you had them right now you would have been able to reach out to him better. You would've been able to know at least how he was feeling. Now you didn't know if he was worried, anxious or angry. Now you didn't know anything.

This was really killing you.

"Listen Y/n." He started again. You heart was racing. "The spell you did was the hardest one I haven't even seen performed live in my entire life. And it was remarkable how you managed to execute it perfectly. Well, almost."