Chapter 21: Back to the world of the living

After a few more moments of laying still on the grass, you had almost lost sense of every single part on your body. At that point you found out impossible to even open your eyes. So, all you could do was just lay there, waiting for something to happen and only seeing dark.

A few more moments passed and only then you started to feel something. Finally. You felt as if someone had grabbed your shirt and was pulling you up. You are still unable to opened your eyes but you could feel now as if you are floating in the air, but not in a good way. You could still feel the force of gravity pulling you back down to the earth, but the hand pulling you up was determined.

Maybe you were dying. Maybe this was what happened when someone stayed too long in Limbo. Or maybe this had all been a dream and you are going to wake up in your awful apartment in New York, the one you were living before w=any of this happened.

Suddenly, the forces pulling you up became so much stronger and you were now travelling with the speed to the sunlight. You tried to remain conscious for as long as possible but your weakness finally took over and everything went dark. Really dark. You couldn't see, hear, smell or even feel anything.

You were unconscious.

...

Little by little you started to regain sense in your body. You didn't yet dare to open your eyes. You needed to make sure that everything was alright first. You needed to know if you had died or not.

But then it hit you; how on earth would you know if you were dead or not?

This was just nonsense.

So, after completely dismissing yourself you proceeded to open your eyes. To your surprise what you saw was not at all what you had expected. You were back in the world of the living! You were laying on the same bed that you had when you first closed your eyes. For a moment you just couldn't believed it.

You didn't move, afraid that your body wasn't yet strong enough. You simply just let your gaze wander around the room. It didn't take you long to notice that Frey's body was no longer next to yours but you completely forgot about that when you saw Loki sleeping on a chair, only a few feet away from your bed.

The joy you felt once you laid your eyes on him could not be described. You immediately forgot about all your pains and worried and proceeded to stand up and ran to him. Sadly, to your surprise you found it impossible to move. You looked down at your body and realized that your hands were tied on the operation bed with very strong handcuffs. You tried everything you could to take them off but you failed.

Why would your family handcuff you on the bed like that?

Could that have to do with what you felt in Limbo? With Frey coming there and speaking to you?

Was that the reason why she was not next to you now?

"She took control during the spell and made a pretty big mess." Loki was now awake and standing in front of you. He had a key in his hand, unlocking the handcuffs with it. "We had to tie you up in case something went wrong and she woke up in...your body."

"And how can you be sure that it is really me now?" You asked him before saying anything else.

How could he really be sure?

How could you be sure?

What if Frey was actually still inside your head, controlling your every word and action?