Chapter 11: The new base

After a few more second you could hear nothing but silence. You slowly opened your eyes, only to see that a car had been placed in front of you as a shield and Pietro standing next to it. When you were absolutely sure that the firing was over you let down your shield and looked into Pietro's shocked eyes. If it hadn't been for your magic shield he would have been full of wholes by now.

"I told you I was faster than you." You tried to smile but you couldn't feel any part of your body anymore.

You suddenly let go of the kid in your arms and fell on your knees as Pietro quickly came to catch you. You could barely keep your eyes open and he didn't know what to do. Not long after that Steve, Thor and Clint ran to you. It wasn't hard to understand what was going on just by taking a quick glance of you.

"She used too much magic and tired herself. This can not be good." Thor said. "She needs help right away. I will send my brother quick." He then swang his hammer and flew away.

"Why did you do that." Pietro asked you.

"Because...no one dies on my watch." You spoke with a weak voice.

"That means you as well y/n." Steve said as he gently lifted you off the ground.

"My time is limited anyway." You laughed weakly.

"I don't want to hear this kind of bullshit coming out of your mouth y/n. Loki will figure it out." Clint said as you all headed back to the ships full of people.

The next thing you knew, you were laying on the floor of one of the airships, while the city next to you was falling. After that you vision was too blury to understand anything that was going on around you. Both Steve and Clint remained next to you for the whole time but you could only barely recognize their voices.

After a while all you could see was dark and all you could hear was the sweet sound of silence.

...

When you opened your eyes again it felt like you were already in heaven; you were laying on the softest bed ever and every bit of pain had completely disappeared from your body. You slowly moved your head around to scan the room that you were in and it didn't take you long to realise that you were no longer in the Avengers tower. Or to any familiar space for that matter. This room quite resembled your old one with the only difference that it was bigger and way brighter than the old one.

You slowly then got out of bed to walk around the place for a while, you really had to know where the team had brought you. To your surprise, from the moment you stood on your feet you felt no pain. You also noticed that somehow you were in a fresh, clean pair of pajamas, you really didn't want to know how you had gotten in there.

You walked to the window where you took one look around a realised that you were nowhere near your old home. Outside your room you saw a beautiful, green field laying in front of you. You also managed to make out the structure of the building that you were in. It seemed like a high tech new compound. This was definitely Tony's doing.

As you observed the beautiful view in front of you, the bedroom door suddenly opened and you quickly turned around, only to see Loki standing there, looking at you with a worried but also relieved face. He didn't say a word and walked fast towards you, immediately taking your hand and putting his on your waist.

"What are you doing up?" He said as he led you back to the bed.

"Loki I am fine." You laughed and turned to look him in the eyes.

"Y/n you have been sleeping for two days."

"So what? I was a bit tired. I am fine now I promise."

You looked deep into the Mischief God's forest green eyes and smiled. It was truly so sweet the way he cared and worried about you. You slowly took his hands without breaking the eye contact. He kept looking at you up and down for a few seconds, making sure that you were completely okay but then focused on your gorgeous eyes as well.