Chapter 24: Better than okay

When you and Loki finally exited your room, it was already late evening. So, time does fly when you're having fun. And you definitely did have a lot of fun.

You walked down the hallway and got into the main area of the compound where everyone was waiting for you. They all looked extremely happy to see you. Natasha was the first one to stand up and hug you tight.

"Welcome back Y/n"." She said when she pulled away.

"Although you could've come a bit earlier." Steve complained and you laughed, turning to Loki. He was laughing too.

"Come on old man. The kid was busy. I am sure if you try hard enough you can remember how it is." Tony mocked him.

"Very funny Tony."

You all laughed and the squabble didn't continue. You and Loki sat on the sofa next to Wanda and Pietro. You gave a smile at both of them, which they returned.

"How are you feeling?" Wanda asked you as she took your hand in hers.

"I am actually feeling great."

"Really?" Pietro didn't seem one hundred percent convinced. As you looked around you realised how many worried eyes were actually on you.

"Guys, I am really fine." You chuckled. "I promise you."

"Well the thing is..." Bucky started but hesitated to finish his sentence.

"The thing is what?" You asked.

For a second no one spoke. You could feel that there was something that everyone wanted to say but were too scared to do so. And of course you couldn't just read their minds and get it over with. You had to do it the old fashioned way.

"Okay what is it?" You asked.

"Well the thing is that..." Tony started. "It wouldn't be the first time that you were saying that you are fine while you're not."

"What?"

"We just want to make sure that everything is completely okay." Nat added.

"Even if you feel a bit off you can tell us." Steve joined.

"Guys I promise you, I am one hundred percent fine." You laughed. "I honestly have never felt better in my life. It's like a huge burden has been lifted off my shoulders. I still am very worried about Frey but other than that I feel excellent."

You weren't lying. You were truly feeling excellent. Somehow you knew that things were going to turn out okay in the end. For the first time in a long time you were hopeful and you wanted your family to know that.

"Okay." Tony finally said. "If you say that you are fine there is no reason for us not to believe you."

"Yeah." Steve sighed. "We are just a little worried, that's all."

"Especially after what happened during-" Pietro started but Wanda quickly cut him,planting her elbow in his side.

But it was too late. You had heard him loud and clear. And you knew exactly what he meant. You had felt that something had gone wrong during that spell and now your suspicions turned out to be correct.

"What?" You turned to everyone.

"Nothing." Tony said immediately.

You looked around the room. Everyone looked like they were hiding something. You didn't have your powers but you could still spot the liars. None of them were good at it. Except....

You immediately turned your head to look at Loki. He was a professional liar but he would never lie to you. You tried to look him in the eyes but his head was turned away from you.