Chapter 10: The final part of the plan

The fight was quite intense but you were not one bit worried. Being part of the action after three years of inactivity was really the best felling in the world. You swang your sword around and killed three robots at once and at some points you even had to use some magic. The truth was that the fight was almost over and if Frey was going to come out at any point maybe this was the best time for her to do so.

Although you were not that sure she was going to make an appearance after all. Three years now you had complete control over your body and that made you stronger and more connected to it and your magic as well. Maybe this was the answer after all. Maybe all you needed was some alone time with your body. Maybe when this mission was over you would be able to get Frey out in no time.

Anyway, this was not the time to think about that. You had to focus on protecting the core or else everything would be over.

The fight against the Ultron-bots became more and more intense by the second. Everyone gave everything they had to protect the core and in the end you were doing quite well. None of the robots had managed to even get close to the core and that was good news.

When, after a while, the fight seemed to be getting over and you coming out as the winners Ultron could not let it happen. He quickly flew into the shuttered building to attack you but Vision stopped him. They fought violently over your head for a few seconds but Vision seemed to have the upper hand. When Ultron tossed him to the only wall left standing, Vision shot a yellow lazer out of his head and led Ultron out of the temple.

Almost all the robots were laying dead on you feet by now and then Thor and Tony followed Vision and Ultron's fight outside outside. You tried to catch your breath when Wanda and Pietro finished the last two robots standing. Of course you knew that there were more to come but for the moment you could take a few minutes to relax.

You started moving towards where the big fight was happening but Loki quickly took your hand and stopped you. You turned to look at him with a worried look but he had a different one on his face this time. It was the look that told you; they can handle this, you don't need to go. You nodded slightly and observed the fight for far away, still holding Loki's hand.

Now, Vision, Thor and Tony had cornered Ultron and they were all hitting him with all their powers at the same time. Ultron was weak and did nothing but stay on the ground. The guys kept increasing the volume of their attack until Ultron started breaking apart and suddenly let out a loud scream.

The attack was then over but the joy didn't last for long. Ultron didn't waste any second and quickly stood up. His metallic face was now half burned and he could not stand straight anymore.

"You know, with the benefit of hindsight..." He started but was immediately cut off buy a Hulk's punch.

You didn't even realise when he had left the shuttered building but now Ultron was on the other side of town thanks to him. He turned around to a team of robots that was left close to him and with a loud roar he started chasing them around and breaking them one after the other. The rest of them ran to the edges of the city and started flying away. They wanted to go.

"Their trying to leave the city." Thor said.

"We can't let them. Not even one." Tony ordered and then him, Rhodey and Vision started shooting at the robots that had tried to escape.

Meanwhile in the building you had all again gathered around the core and tried to figure out what to do next. Steve seemed to be the only one at the moment who had a clue on how to move.

"We gotta move out. Even I can tell the air is getting thin." He started and then turned to Clint and Nat. "You guys get to the boats, I'll sweep for stragglers."