Chapter 16: It's time

The week that followed after the new plan was conceived was truly the hardest one of your life. You were training with Loki all day, every day, getting used to using Freyja's magic rather that your own.

The thing was that from the moment your mother had been forced to drink that blood, all those years ago, you had immediately inherited the Goddess' abilities but after the failed separation spell Freyja's magic got locked away as well and you were left with just your own. So, now inside of you was an enormous source of magic that you barely used but desperately needed for your plan to work.

Loki and you spent about tow days trying to bring Freyja's magic to the surface and when you finally manged it, the real challenge had started. The rest of your week was full of new spells and enhancing of your abilities while also training Wanda at the same time. Loki tried his best to make sure that everyone was equally prepared and ready for the separation. He needed everything to be perfect.

To be honest he was doing an excellent job. Your healing abilities had really gone to a whole new level and you were now able to enter someone's mind without breaking a sweat. Meanwhile Wanda became more and more powerful by the day. Her main ability was mind control and Loki focused a lot on that. Given the fact that she had taken her powers of the mind stone this really was her area. Thanks to Loki in only one week she was more than ready to perform the spell that would keep your soul connected to the world of the living.

Although everything seemed to be getting into place the most difficult part of your training still remained; resurrection.

For you to be able to create a whole new organism you first had to learn how to put life back into an already existing one. Loki often took you to a small forest near the compound and every dead animal you saw in front of you, you had to bring it back to life. This was undoubtedly the weirdest part of your training and the hardest at the same time.

Sadly Loki didn't have the ability to bring back life so the only thing he could do to help you was in theory. He tried to explain every step of the spell as detailed as possible for you to do it right. He was really patient with you, which you really appreciated and was okay with explaining the same thing over and over again.

As for you, the whole procedure was nothing but raw torture. Your heart was crushed with every dead animal that you encountered and even more when you tried this awful spell on them. Some say that there is nothing worse than death but after seeing a resurrection spell gone wrong you knew this was a lie.

The details were simply cruel and trying to learn that spell truly broke your heart. It took you about two weeks to finally master that skill; two weeks of terrible images and sleepless nights but when you finally managed to bring your first little bird back to life, you realised it was worth it. After that getting Frey out of you would piece of cake.

Or at least so you thought.

Meanwhile Loki was very pleased with your progress. He said that learning a spell that hard would take most people at least a month but thanks to your determination it all was over in a matter of a few weeks, even if to you it seemed like months.

The team was happy for you as well. Even though you all knew the next few days were going to be equally, and maybe even more, hard, you didn't mind that much. Because you also knew that in a few days it would all be over. In a few more days your torture would end.

The night after you had finally managed to fully master your resurrection skill you slept better than you had in weeks. It was the first time in a while that you got under the covers and fell asleep immediately. That night your mind was at peace.

The next morning Loki woke you up with a sweet kiss and a disk full of delicious things for breakfast. You smiled at your prince and quickly sat up on the bed to enjoy your meal. Once you were done Loki made the disk disappear from your lap with a snap of his fingers and you laughed at his new trick.