Chapter 28: Because I changed

You sat in the café with Laura and Loki for about two and a half hours. The moment you started telling her what had happened you just couldn't stop. There was so much that you just needed to tell her. Laura deserved to know the truth about you and this whole situation.

You decided to start the story from the beginning. So, you told her about how you had had your powers since you were a baby and how your mother had helped you control them but sadly died when you were ten. Then one day in New York you helped Tony with a bomb incident and somehow he managed to find where you lived and recruit you in the Avengers.

You continued with the story about Frey. You told Laura everything about how she had managed to take over your body more than once and hurt a lot of people. About what your mother had done and created her and how you found her after years but she died short after. You cried a bit while telling Laura everything but she was there to hold your hand.

You also explained as be at as you could that in order for you not to be killed by Frey you needed Loki to temporarily erase your memories and send you to London. You told her that you had no idea of who you really where while there and could not use your magic but also that you all the time you felt like something was missing.

Finally you told her everything that had happened to you the past week. How you had come to New York to find out who the people in the café were but instead you got your memories back. And how after that you had to help the team fight Ultron in Sokovia and right after that you had to hurry and find a way to get Frey out of you or you would died. You told her about doing the spell and apart from a small inconvenience finally succeeding.

And then there was the present.

You only realised that you were talking for more than an hour when you checked your phone after you had finally finished the whole story. You had a few tears in your eyes, Laura had some too. You knew that your best friend would be supportive. You knew she wouldn't judge or hate you for who you were.

When you were done Laura stood up and came next to you. She took you into her arms and hugged you tight.

"I am so sorry love. I had no idea." She whispered into your ear.

"Why would you apologize?" You laughed through your tears.

"Because," Laura pulled away from the high and looked into your eyes. "I kept calling you and thinking all these stuff about your while you were saving the world. And then dying!"

"I was never dying you idiot." You teased her. "And you don't need to apologize for carrying about me."

Laura didn't say another word and simply hugged you again. You had missed her hug more than anything in the whole London.

"So what about your degree?" Laura asked you when she sat back on her seat.

"Oh yeah. Well, Tony managed to convince me to go for it. So for the rest of the week everyone is going to help me prepare for my final exam and if everything goes right in less than two weeks I will be graduating."

"Love this is amazing." Laura took your hands in hers and gave you a big smile. "I am really so proud of you." She was not lying, you could see it in her eyes how proud she really was.

"Yes. You will finally see me graduate!" You said and you both laughed.

You spent about three more hours in the café with Laura. You officially introduced her to Loki, who had been silent for the past two or more hours. They seemed to be getting along really well, which made you quite happy. The truth is that Loki and Laura were a lot alike; they were both quite ambitious and brave and always ready to do anything in order to achieve their goals. They were both such Slytherins.