Chapter 26: An interesting phone call

"So, kid." Tony's voice was heard through the loud chatting.

"Yeah?" You answered while laughing at Thor trying to fit six pop tarts in his mouth after Clint dared him to.

"You know, I got an interesting call the day before yesterday, while you were still...you know."

"Fighting for my life?"

"Yes right about then. Of course I didn't answer at the moment but I did call them back eventually."

"Okay, who was it? And more importantly why does this only concern me?"

"Well, it was a call from London."

Suddenly everyone at the table stopped talking. No one had brought up London since you got your memories back. You didn't exactly have time to think about that either.

The truth was that now that everything was over you needed to decide what to do about that. You had a whole other life back there. You had school, which you were probably not going back to, you had your home, a job and...

"Laura! Did Laura call you? God I completely forgot to call her." You said in panic. You also realised that you didn't know where your phone was. You actually hadn't seen it in a while. Definitely before Sokovia.

"No, it wasn't Laura." Tony calmed you down.

"But you should probably call her at some point, she is really worried." Clint said.

"Yeah, your phone has been ringing like crazy since we got back from Sokovia. Not to mention the amount of messages that she has left you." Nat added.

"Yeah, I should call her." You made a mental note.

"Anyway," Tony tried to continue. "as I was saying... A very interesting call from London."

"So who was it?" You asked him impatiently.

"Your collage actually."

"Oh." You said almost as if you didn't care.

You really didn't. Collage was no longer a priority for you. This was the dream of someone else. The dream of the normal Y/n that didn't have anything else to worry about.

You turned your gaze away from Tony and back to your plate. You cut a piece of your pancake and put it in your mouth. As far as you were concerned the conversation was over. You knew very well where Tony was headed and you didn't want it to go there.

"Hey, why did they call you?" You tried to change the subject.

"Why wouldn't they? I have been paying them for the past three years." He said and you were suddenly stunned.

What did he mean by that? He wasn't paying for anything. You had a scholarship.

"Why would you be paying them?" You asked.

"Kid how exactly did you think your tuition had been paid all this time?"

"I had a scholarship."

Tony let out a loud laugh. He couldn't help it really. He stopped once you gave him a death stare and took a sip of his coffee. He then cleared his throat.

"Kid you're going to Imperial College of London, the best school in there. One of the best in the world. Did you really think you were there on a scholarship?"

Ouch.

Tony's words were not at all nice at that point. Though only from the look on his face you knew that he was not being serious. He was simply mocking you. As always.

"Well I am an excellent student."

"Yes."

"At the top of my class."