Chapter 27: I'm coming

"Look I don't know what happened to you but you need to call me. It's been four days Y/n. I am really worried now."

That was about the tenth voicemail that Laura had left you. You had been listening to them for a while and she was only getting more worried. You had decided that the only way to talk to her was in person. It wouldn't be fair to have to explain everything to her over the phone. You weren't even sure if that was possible.

Once the message was done you looked back at your screen and press for the next one to start. This was from the day before. You put the phone on your ear.

"Okay Y/n now I am really freaking out. You seriously have twenty four hours to call me back or I will call the police."

Laura's words make you chuckle a bit. You know she wouldn't do that. She knew very well that you were not dead. She would never call the police for no reason. She was quite scared of them to be honest.

"You have to understand how worried I am darling." The message continued. "One day two strange men pick a fight in the cafe and then a few hours later you fly to New York for an unspecified reason?" Laura pauses for a second, as if she was thinking everything again. "Listen, I will understand if something is happening and you want to be alone but I just need to know that you are okay. Please just give me a quick call. Only five minutes, to hear your voice. To know that you are alive. Please Y/n."

Her voice was breaking as the voicemail ended. You almost wanted to cry as well. She was so worried about you. You had made her so worried. You needed to see her soon. But first you had to listen to her messages, make sure that she hadn't done something stupid.

You press on the last voicemail and put your phone on your ear. You can feel your hands slightly shaking. You hold your phone as tight as you can. This one was about twelve hours old.

"Okay your twenty four hours are up. Though, I will not call the police. What will I even tell them? That my friend booked a last minute ticket to New York and even though she said she would call me she never did and now, with no evidence, I believe that she has been murdered but two, very good looking, men?"

You laughed at her comments and let out a sigh of relief. You were happy that your friend did not do anything crazy. You knew that when Laura was worried she acted rationally but this time she really had thought about it.

"This is crazy." She continued mumbling and you were about to close the message and call her back when you heard the volume of her voice go up again. "The only thing left for me to do is come to New York and find you myself."

What? She was crazy!

"And before you say that I am crazy just listen to me. I -and I hope that you can forgive me for it- used the spare key that you had given me and got into your house."

She did what? That key was for emergencies ONLY.

"I know that the key was for emergencies only but this was an emergency too! So I got in and searched for anything that could help me find you. And then I saw your laptop laying on your bed. I know that I shouldn't have done that but I opened it. And with the help of your Google history I have a palace to start; the Avengers Tower."

Oh no. This was bad. This was really bad.

"I don't know what could you and a bunch of American super people have in common but I am going to figure it out Y/n, because I am very worried about you. Anyway I have no more time left. I will be taking the next flight to New York and I will be there tomorrow morning. I love you."

The message was cut. You heart was racing.You looked at the time on your phone. Laura was in New York! This was awful. This was soon. Of course you intended to go and explain everything but you hadn't yet figured out what you were going to tell her. You weren't sure that she could handle the truth but you didn't want to lie to her either.