Chapter 25: Keep them safe

Your first night in the compound you had possibly the best sleep ever. Of course you demanded Loki to stay in your room and wouldn't leave his arms all night. Although he probably didn't mind all that much.

The whole night you slept peacefully until the next morning you were woken up by the most unexpected person.

"Miss Y/n?" You heard a woman's voice in your sleep but decided to ignore her.

It was probably a dream.

"Miss Y/n?" You heard her again. This time more clear.

You were starting to fully wake up. The voice sounded a bit familiar. Maybe kind of robotic as well? You couldn't be sure.

"Miss Y/n please wake up!" The voice was suddenly so loud that made you jump off bed.

You looked next to you, only to see Loki, barely awake, with the same worried look on his face. You then looked around but couldn't find anyone else inside your room.

"Miss Y/n." Only then you realised that it was F.R.I.D.A.Y trying to wake you up.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y what happend?" You asked with a sleepy voice as you climbed back into your bed.

"Miss Y/n I am sorry to wake you up like this but it is an emergency."

You really wanted to pay attention to what she was saying but it seemed really hard. You could barely keep your eyes open. Besides Loki was already asleep again.

"Miss Y/n, Frey is awake and..." You didn't  hear the rest of F.R.I.D.A.Y's words.

In less than two seconds both you and Loki were out of bed and running towards the medical ward. F.R.I.D.A.Y said something about Tony but you ignored her.

Of course you knew that Tony was already there. There was no way that you would be informed before him. Besides he was the expert. He was the one that needed to examine her, and make sure everything was okay.

It took you less than a minute to arrive at the infirmary but when you entered Frey's room time seemed to had stopped. Suddenly you had four frozen people in front of you.

Frey was laying on her bed, being held down by Bucky and Steve. Tony was on the opposite corner of the room, putting pressure on his side. You noticed a few drops of blood on the floor in front of him. Under Frey's bed there was a scalpel. It was fully covered in blood and so was Frey's left palm.

She had stabbed Tony.

Your heart suddenly dropped. Time had started to move again and all you could think was running to Tony. And so you did. You didn't even bother looking at Frey.

Loki followed you. You took a closer look at Tony's wound and just then realised how deep it was. Frey had really stabbed Tony. How could she have done something like that?

The bitch.

"Stark what happened?" Loki asked as he started healing Tony's side.

"I came in to-" Tony was hurting. He found it a bit difficult to talk but he continued slowly. "I came in this morning to check on her. Her vitals had improved a lot since yesterday. I should've known that she was up. Once I turned my back to take something from the table she shoved the scalpel into my side."

"Tony I am so sorry." You said. It was the least you could say.

"It's not your fault kid. Somehow she managed to free her left hand and take the scalpel. I seriously should've seen it coming."

"Tony I-"

"Don't say you're sorry kid. Look I'm already fine." Tony showed you his side as soon as Loki finished healing it.