Chapter 15: The new plan

"I think we should discuss it further in the morning. It's better if we get some rest." You finally said and gave Loki a quick kiss before laying back down.

He didn't speak for a few seconds. He didn't even move. He was thinking of something but you didn't know what. Sometimes it was very weird not knowing what the person in front of you was thinking. You were quite used to reading people like an open book, this way it was easier for you to help them with their problems.

Though with Loki it was different. You were never able to fully understand his thoughts. His mind was so strong that no one could enter without his permission. This had always been one of the things that amazed you about this person. The mystery in his eyes made you so eager to learn more about him.

"y/n..." Loki suddenly said and you sat up confused.

"What is it dear?" You asked him.

"I love you, so much." You suddenly felt your face burn and you couldn't resist a smile.

"I love you too Loki."

"You are the only person in this world that I trust." He continued.

Where was he going with this?

"y/n I know what you are thinking about. It is not a matter of trust that prevents me from opening up to you. It is a matter of who I really I am. You think you know me but the demons of my past often come back to haunt me and I don't want you to experience the same pain."

Your heart dropped at Loki's words. You knew that he had things that he was scared for you to see but you never thought his wounds were that deep. Your eyes had started to fill up with tears and after wiping some of them you moved closer to Loki and gently placed your palm on his cheek.

"Loki, you know I love you more than anything in this world. I know you had an ugly past and I really don't care how ugly that is. I completely understand if you are not ready to share everything with me. I know how hard opening up can be and so I never intended to pressure you. I know, my love, that whenever you are ready you are going to open up and even then nothing at all will change. Loki I need you to know that whatever it is hidden in your past does not bother me at all. I care about the Loki that is sitting here, right in front of me and not the man that he was a few years ago. You are not that person anymore, you need to let this burden go."

You leaned closer to him until your foreheads touched. You closed your eyes and felt his sweet breath on your neck. Suddenly a single tear ran down to the mischief God's cheek but you wiped it quickly.

You needed Loki to feel safe. You needed him to know that you were not going to leave him. No matter who this man was before you knew he was gone. You knew that the man in front of you was an honest, kind person that loved and cared about you.

You both decided not to speak another word and got back to bed together. You quickly buried your face in Loki's chest. This was the first moment in the last few days that you felt completely safe.

When you finally managed to fall asleep it was with a Loki's spell. Once the hours passed and he saw that you had difficulty sleeping he decided to cast a little spell in order to calm your mind. Of course you felt his magic as soon as the spell started but you didn't resist at all. You needed to rest, even for just a little while.

When you opened your eyes again you noticed that all the drapes in the bedroom had been closed and Loki was no longer laying beside you. Immediately, you got out of bed and headed outside. It was really unlike Loki do leave the room while you were sleeping. He usually stayed in until you woke up as well. Of course it was possible that he hadn't even slept at all but he would've wake you up eventually.