Chapter 6: Sokovia

A/N: I know it has been two weeks since my last update and I am SO SORRY!! I have been quite busy lately but I promise you that it is over now. I am back to updating every week😁

...

"Loki, you can tell me anything." You reassured your worried love.

"I need to say...that I am sorry y/n." Loki stuck his eyes on the floor.

"Why on earth would you be sorry?" You asked awkwardly.

"I failed you. I couldn't find a solution to your problem and so I gave up on you." He continued to avoid eye contact.

"I don't understand, Thor said-"

"He lied. We both did. I didn't fake my death because I wanted to continue the research on my own. I did it out of desperation, because I saw no end."

"Loki..." You tried to calm him down but he suddenly cut you.

"Mother died." He said and you felt like your heart had suddenly stopped. "And without her I saw no end."

"How did she die?" You tried to stay calm and hold back your tears. For Loki's shake.

"She was killed by the dark elves."

"Loki I am so sorry." You gently placed your hand on his cheek.

"I am the one who needs to apologise."

"No you are not." You turned Loki's head to look at you. "Dear you could never fail me. I know that you have been thinking about me for the past three years and that is more than enough."

"But because of me you now might be in danger."

"You know, you are not the only one who changed during the last three years. Somehow I grew stronger and I now, somehow, am more connected to my magic than ever. I understand that this isn't much but I can at least keep her at sleep for a while."

"And after that?" Loki looked you in the eyes.

"After that we'll see." You sighed and stuck your look on the floor.

"We have been so focused on this mission that none of us thought to ask you..." Loki gently took your hands and you immediately turned to look at him. "Are you okay y/n?"

Loki was right, no one had really asked you how you were feeling but to be honest you hadn't really thought about it either. You had so many things to process at once so it seemed easier to just focus on the mission, and the fact that you were back with your family.

The truth was that this was definitely not your best week of your life. In only two days you got back your memories and had to deal with an insane robots that wanted to wipe out humanity while also trying to keep asleep an evil spirit that wanted to kill you and take over your body. It was indeed quite the situation but what other choice did you have?

You definitely were not going to sit in a corner and cry all day.

"I am okay Loki." You finally gave him a half fake smile.

"Are sure darling?" He asked you again.

"Well there is no time for me to be anything else." You sighed and stood up. You then took Loki's hand and before he could say anything you dragged him out of the room with you.

The next thing you knew, the whole team was sitting inside the Quinjet, listening to one of Cap's motivational speeches. You were quite exited for your first mission with the team so you didn't really pay attention to what he was saying.