Chapter 30: We need to talk

You woke up the next morning feeling extremely out of place. When you looked around it took you a few moments to realise that you were inside your hotel room and Loki was sleeping next to you. You turned to look at him, the few rays of sunshine that escaped the closed drapes and you gently caressed his cheeks.

Slowly you raised your hand and placed it on top of his head. You started playing with his soft hair and smiled. After a few seconds though Loki started to shift and you quickly took your hand away.

"I didn't mind." He said, almost whispering, while his eyes were still closed. A smirk had been formed on his lips.

"Oh." You smiled and put your hand back to his beautiful hair. "Good morning."

"Good morning darling." His eyes were now open and you could see the forest green of his pupils very clear.

You could just sit there and stare into his gorgeous eyes forever. For you there wasn't a better view than that one. Loki had a full smile on his face by now. It was the most perfect smile that you had ever seen.

You both kept staring at each other for a few more seconds, and you kept thinking of how lucky you were. You were going to be with that man for as long as you both breathed, you knew that.

But suddenly Loki's face shifted. He didn't look as happy anymore. You took your hand away again as he sat up on the bed, still looking into your eyes. His smile had completely disappeared and it's place had gotten a worried frown. He was about to tell you something that you were not going to like. It was too early for a serious talk.

"Y/n..." He started.

"What is it Loki?" You asked, naturally worried.

"I think that we need to talk about a few things."

"What is there to talk about?"

Your heart was now beating so fast that you felt like it was going to explode right inside your chest. Though this was not the good feeling that you were used to. You definitely didn't like that feeling. You had no idea of what he was about to say. You couldn't to read into his mind, you still had a problem with your powers. So you just needed Loki to tell you what was going on. But he was staying silent and you felt like you couldn't wait for him any longer. If he didn't say something in the next minute, you were going to-

"Y/n." He cut you off, taking your hands into his. "Breath please." His voice was steady, sure, calm. In some other case his tone would calm you down, reassure you. But not now. Now you were in complete panic.

Loki didn't speak for a few more seconds which made the situation even worse. He was serious. He was taking long pauses which you hated. You didn't like it when he was serious. Of course it was Loki, he was always serious but this time it was a different kind of seriousness. You definitely did not like that.

He was looking deep into your eyes. His hands still holding yours inside them. He was trying to calm you down. It was also possible that he could hear the paranoia that was taking place inside your head. But again he wasn't saying anything. This time the silence was killing you and maybe Loki knew.

So why wasn't he talking?

Did he want to torture you?

Was he enjoying this?

"Okay, darling," He finally said, visibly trying to suppress a laugh.

Was this good?

"I just want us to talk about last night."

"What do you mean? What happened last night? I don't think that I was that drunk that I forgot anything. Right?"

"No, no don't worry." Loki laughed softly.