Chapter 17: And then the spell started

You once again put your palms above the clay body and closed your eyes, channeling Freyja's magic from inside of you. It took you less than a minute to reach to her magic and be ready for the spell to start.

You started mumbling the words of the spell that Loki had taught you. It was something like a combination between Latin and Ancient Greek but you still could recognize some English words in it. It took you quite a long time to learn it, given the fact that is was also written in ancient Asgardian which made the situation even worse.

Maybe it was a fact that you hadn't been practicing magic for that long but the spell was very hard. Loki told you from the beginning that it was the hardest and most complicated spell he had performed as well.

After a few more repeats of the words of the spell you could feel it had started working. Basically what you needed to do was conjure enough energy to put inside the body and merge the clay with the ashes in order for the new body to be created and function as a living organism.

It took you an extreme amount of physical and mental power but you finally were done with the spell. Once you opened your eyes again a real female body was laying in the bed in front of you.

For a moment you felt a little lightheaded but thankfully Loki was there to hold you. You both stared at you achievement proudly.

Frey's new body look excellent. In front of you was laying a woman that look quite like you only with a few differences. Her hair was curly and a very dark shade of brown with two or three purple strings on them.

You were all out of breath but also so proud of yourself. You turned around to see Loki looking at you with a proud smile on his lips. He knew that you were powerful enough to do the spell perfectly. He knew it from the beginning.

You took the next few minutes to sit down and relax while the rest of the team was preparing everything. Nat and Wanda started dressing up Frey's new body and once they were done Tony put the restraining bracelets on her wrists.

Meanwhile Thor and Bucky brought in the second bed and placed it right next to Frey's. They also arranged all the medical gear on the table a few feet away from the beds. At that point using "they" was probably wrong, given the fact that none of them knew what any of these objects were and Tony ended up scooting them away and doing the job himself.

If anything were to go wrong wrong during or after the spell everything needed to be in place. Tony reassured you that he wasn't going to let you or Frey get hurt. From a medical perspective at least.

Though at that point you would've preferred Bruce to be there, given that fact that he was an actual doctor and hadn't just studied medicine for a couple of weeks. But, then again, Tony was a genius, so how many things could actually go wrong?

The love you had for those people could not be described with words, of any language. They had always done everything they could to help you and now, once again, in a situation like this they were still by your side. They didn't care about the dangers or they getting hurt. They made you feel so lucky and grateful for having such an amazing family. If that was really going to be your end you were happy that you last memories would be with those amazing people by your side.

"Don't think like that please." Loki suddenly interrupted your thinking.

"I am sorry Loki. But you know that there is a high chance that-" You started.

"y/n I said don't think like that. Please." Loki's eyes were now suck on the floor, avoiding to make any type of eye contact.

"Hey..." You gently put your hand on his cheek and lifted his face up so you look into his eyes.