Chapter 13: Plan puppy

Once you arrived at the city everything was even better. You really had forgotten how beautiful New York was at night. The lights made the city gorgeous and its people were as friendly as you remembered them; some of them even recognized Loki and to both of your surprise they were all fans of his.

At some point, while you were passing outside some shops you stopped in front of a pet shelter. Right in front of you there was a big cage with five adorable little puppies. Most of them were already asleep but three of them were still awake, playing and jumping around. Their little tales started shaking like crazy once you got closer to the glass.

"Aren't they adorable?" You asked Loki while you were pulling faces with one of them.

"I am more of a cat person." He replied.

You rolled your eyes at him and then focused back to the puppies. They were the cutest little creatures in the world. You always wanted a puppy, when you were little your parents believed that you were too young and when you grew up, you never really had the time to think of getting one. At that moment you decided that once all this was over you were definitely getting a puppy. You stayed out of the store for a few more minutes until all the puppies were asleep.

"I have always wanted to get one." You said as you and Loki walked away from the shop.

"Why did you never get one then?"

"Mother used to say that the day I brought a puppy in her house would be the day that she would get out of it." You laughed.

"I don't think I understand your joke dear." Loki said in confusion.

"Well...when the puppy would get in the house my mother would have to get out." You tried to explain, even though it was no longer funny.

"So? Was your house not big enough?" Loki kept wondering.

"No it was but you see...my mother could never live with a puppy at the same home."

Loki continued looking at you with a clueless look on his face. You tried to change the subject but he was really too desperate to understand what you were trying to say.

"You know...because she wouldn't be able to survive in there and..." You suddenly froze. Something really crazy had crossed your mind.

You had probably come up with the best idea in the whole world. Or you had probably come up with the most dangerous and deadly plan in the history. In anyway you had something and you had to go back to the others as soon as possible.

"Y/n what is it?" Loki asked you worried.

"I think I've got it."

You then immediately took Loki's hand and ran to the road without saying a word. This was probably a big mistake as it obviously made him more anxious but you were in no position to speak. You were now mostly focused on finding a cub and get to the compound fast.

Thankfully, as you were quite a skilled person it took you less than a few minutes to get into a taxi and order the driver the take you to the compound. At first he was obviously a little bit confused but you gave him very specific instructions and promised him a very good tip (thank God for Tony's credit card.)

"y/n what is it?" Loki kept asking you once you got into the taxi but you weren't listening anymore.

You mind was now running with hundreds of kilometres per hour. You had probably figured out how to solve your problem and the answer had been under your nose the whole time. You kept running every possible scenario inside your head and in most of them you came out alive and successful.

Of course in some of them you ended up dying  and in others in a coma but-

"y/n please talk to me!" Loki suddenly shouted and cut your flow of thinking. "I am worried." He insisted.