Chapter 06

Chapter 06

"One hour left, girls! I repeat, one hour left!"

The models are getting ready for the fashion show including me. All of us were lined up, waiting to get the clothes that was assigned for each model to wear. When the staff already shouted the time left, everyone started rushing which is common to a fashion show, but me, I'm just relaxed since I'm used in this kind of atmosphere. I already have make-up on, and I just need to wear the spring summer collection, then after that going to the runway.

While waiting, the girls were chatting and some of them are holding their phones scrolling in social media. Tahimik lang akong naghihintay nang biglang nagpintig ang tenga ko dahil sa mga modelong nag-uusap sa likuran ko.

"She's just using her sister's name for her to be here, and did you know that she's the black sheep of their family? Probably also the least person to look at," sabi nito kaya sumilip ang mga mata ko sa kanila. Are they talking about me?

"At alam mo ba narinig ko na inagaw niya ang boyfriend ng kapatid niya noon na ngayon na asawa niya," dagdag pa nito na nakapagpataas ng sulok ng labi ko. Pati ba naman sa oras ng trabaho ay magchichismisan sila?

"Sounds cheap, right?" Hindi ko na kinaya ang magpanggap na bingi. Humarap ako sa kanila at pinagkrus ang dalawang braso ko.

"What's your name?" I asked the model who kept talking about me. Her brow arched, looking confused.

"Why are you asking—"

"Just give me your fucking name," I cut her off and I saw her being flustered, probably because for her I sounded bossy.

Mahina itong natawa. "Maia Fortades."

"Oh... So, you're Maia, the one who's dating a minor. Am I right?" When I spilled the tea, her eyes widened and started panicking. She's like a turtle that went back to its shell because of fear.

She stepped closer to me while being flustered. "What are you even saying?" Diin niyang tanong.

"What? You're gossiping about me a while ago, and now that I'm telling something about yours, you're mad?" Napunta ang kamay ko sa dibdib at nagkunwaring nag-aalala. "Oh, sweetie. I'm sorry that I spilled one of your shameful acts. Grooming pa more."

Akmang susugurin na ako nito pero tinaasan ko ito ng kilay at ngumisi. "Subukan mo at baka sabihin ko lahat ng baho mo."

"Maia, tama na," pagpigil ng kaibigan nitong modelo at hinawakan pa ang braso para pigilan itong huwag makalapit sa akin.

"Hindi pa tayo tapos," pagbabanta nito.

"Whatever. Kwento mo na lang sa pagong," pang-aasar ko at tumalikod na. Kahit naman nagawa ko siyang inisin ay hindi gumaan ang nararamdaman ko. Pumatol nga ako pero nasa tumatak na sa isipan ko ang sinabi niya na dahilan para mawala ako sa wisyo.