Chapter 26

Chapter 26

I slowly opened my eyes, and the first thing I saw was the white ceiling and the light. I was dazzled, the reason why I blinked numerous times to get used to it. The exhaustion kicked through my body as I woke up, and I still felt drowsy. What happened? All I know is that I was in a fashion show, and I got trapped with Lorelei. Everything wasn't clear, even if I tried to recount the scene of Lorelei and me together.

Naputol ang pagmumuni ko nang biglang bumukas ang pinto. Si Yael at Paris. "Hey, Cori," malambing na tawag ni Yael at lumapit sa akin para haplusin ang buhok ko pero hindi ko magawang ituon lang sa kanya ang atensyon ko. Dumako ang tingin ko kay Paris na ngayon ay walang imik. Hindi man lang ako nito nagawang lapitan.

"What happened?" I asked Yael.

"You fainted..." He held my hand tightly and forced a smile. "Congrats, Cori."

My forehead puckered. Is he congratulating me because I fainted? Tss, it looks like he's back on teasing me again. I just woke up, and yet, he's kidding around already.

"Huwag mo nga akong simulan, Yael. Kagigising ko lang pero balak mo na naman akong inisin."

"I'm not irritating you. I'm congratulating you because you're pregnant once again," he said, and I just rolled my eyes.

"Oh, please. Stop it already—"

"Yael wasn't joking. You're pregnant, Rigan," he cut me off, and when it came to him, the sarcasm on my lips faded, and it turned parted as if the breath got sucked from the depths. I'm pregnant again. What should I do this time?

My eyes went back on Yael when he squeezed my hand. "Please keep it this time, Cori," he mumbled and kissed the back of my hand gently. There are so many emotions in his eyes. There's no exact word that could describe his expression. It was well-mixed that no one could distinguish what he was feeling.

"P-Puwede bang iwan mo muna kami ni Paris?" Pakiusap ko sa kanya at tumango siya habang nakangiti pa rin.

"Of course, Cori. Take care, okay?" Paris let go of my hand and tapped my head before walking away. When he reached the doorknob, his attention went on Paris, and his expression changed. It was madness that overtook his face. "Please take care of Cori. If you will do that again to her... I swear to God, I'm going to take her."

Paris meant that. He gives justice to everything that he's saying. When I came crying in his arms, that's the time his friendship with my husband got disrupted.

When he left, I gradually darted my gaze on Paris, who was standing away from me. As our eyes got locked to each other, my heart started to feel stingy. I just remembered everything as I looked at him. The hesitation a while ago on his face... It's a total slap on me that I could never be his first choice.

"What are you going to do about it this time? When you aborted our baby last time, you didn't ask for what I wanted, but I'm here now to hear what you wanted to do." His voice was cold and unpleasant to listen to. Usually, couples are happy when they have a baby, but it's different for us. We question ourselves.