Chapter 37

Chapter 37

"Ma, andito si Ate Rigan." Nung tuluyan ko na siyang nakita ay naisara ko ang kamay ko at ramdam ko ang pagbaon ng mga kuko ko sa palad ko. Kahit namumutla ang mukha niya ay nagawa niya pa ring bigyan ako ng malamig na tingin. Hinang-hina pa rin siya hanggang ngayon pero gano'n pa rin ang ekspresyon niya, blangko pero nakakamatay.

"H-Hi... How are you?" Nautal pa ako sa pangungumusta ko sa kanya, ni hindi ko magawang lumapit dahil sa takot. Mas mabuti sigurong dumistansya ako sa kanya.

"I feel better." Kahit bilang lang ang lumalabas sa bibig niya ay masaya naman ako. At least kinikibo niya ako.

"Jaylord told me that you came here with your daughter. Hindi mo ba siya sinama?"

"Hindi ko siya sinama at baka mamaya matakot sa media," tugon ko.

"So, she's not aware that about how famous her family is?" She sounded sarcastic and with that I already know that she's starting.

"She has no idea, which is my choice not to tell her anything about the family. We are out of the family and even the fame, so I guess there's no problem with that. I just don't want my daughter to get stressed and get used to the cameras all around her, spying and watching her actions."

I don't want her to live life the way I lived my life before, that's why I didn't tell her who really I am. I'm careful not to tell her what I was before. There's nothing to be ashamed of but exposing my daughter in the public is not on my plan.

"You had the point, but are you not going to give her the chance like take her to a modeling agency—"

"I'm not going to do that. My daughter is just three years old, Ma. I won't treat my child as a retirement plan," I blurted quietly, which made her brow raise. Rianne is too young to be known by the media. Modeling agency? Tss, I don't think she would like that.

Well, I was able to stay longer but I must go. As I went outside of the room, I saw Jaylord. Before I left, we fought. I grabbed his collar and pushed him because of anger, but now I want to clear things out. I just wish that he's open to talking about it.

"How are you doing? How's college?" I questioned.

"Everything's good, I guess?" He wasn't sure of his answer, the reason why I chuckled.

"Having difficulties with math?" He's always asked me to teach him calculus and general mathematics when he was a senior high school student, and now, I want to reach out. After four years of not seeing him, I feel like I owe him something. I should be there beside him years ago, but I didn't.

"I think I'm getting a hang of it."

I licked my dry lips and peered at him. "About four years ago, I'm sorry if I hurt you," I apologized and looked down. I couldn't control myself that time when I found out that he did something worse than I could have ever imagined.

"But is it okay to ask what did you do about it? Did mom do anything?" I'm asking because I want to know how he handled the situation. Of course, I won't tolerate my brother's deed last four years ago. I'm just so afraid that his future will be ruined because of his past. It's a big deal since it happened inside the school. I wonder where the girl is, and I hope I could talk to her.