Chapter 25

Chapter 25

A month has passed, and everything was quiet, so quiet that it was deafening. The house was haunted, and I don't know how much I could leave like this. I feel dead and empty. I'm suffocated but still tried to get up every day and get myself busy to escape from reality; however, I realized that the things I enjoyed doing didn't make me happy anymore. With just an affair, everything got disrupted.

I let the silence embrace me that no word comes out of my mouth every time I see him. There's no time that I wasn't hurting whenever I was with him, and with that, I know that our marriage was slowly falling apart.

When Paris came down from the stairs, I shifted my eyes right away and stood up from sitting. I was planning to avoid us being on the same spot, but he spoke when I was about to go upstairs.

"How long are you going to avoid me? Tell me so that I could wait." I stilled when his voice echoed to my ears, making the fine hairs of my nape rise. Deep inside, I was missing him, but I was also hurting. It was sweet torture that I'm getting along with.

I closed my eyes for a second, trying to hold my composure. Paris broke the silence and reached me on the other side of the horizon. I thought it was okay with him being like this, but he was just waiting all along for me to speak up.

I closed my fist as I formed the courage to speak. My mind was running into a one thing right now. Would it be an impulsive decision, an upcoming regret and failure? As much as I wanted to keep the marriage, but there wasn't a night that I'm not thinking of it. Everything was engraved in my mind.

Nagawa kong humarap sa kanya at mapait na ngumiti. Nasa isipan ko na ang dapat kong sabihin pero ibang klase ang sakit kapag binitawan ko na. Kapag sinabi ko ba hahayaan niya na lang?

"L-Let's get an annulment," I stuttered with my lips bitterly smiling. To what Paris heard, his eyes widened, and his lips parted. He was stunned to speak, probably wasn't expecting that I'm going to say that after a month of his waiting.

It hurts... It was writhing my heart.

"W-We should end this already—"

"Is that what you really want?" He cut me off, making my mouth shut. As I stared at him, my chest started burning, but my mind was filled with such happy moments. I was in between them, and the same question triggered me. Is this what I wanted, or it's just an impulsive decision to escape from the pain?

Inisang hakbang ni Paris ang pagitan namin at tumingala ako para matapatan ang tingin niya. Pilit kong nilalabanan pero hindi sapat ang lakas ko para bigyang hustisya ang sinabi ko. Naguguluhan ako, sobra. Iniisip ko kung saan ba ako mas masasaktan, sa hiwalayan o sa pananatili.

"'Yan ba talaga ang gusto mo?" Pag-ulit ni Paris sa tanong at sa pangalawang beses na pagsambit niya ay napayuko ako. Pinadausdos ko ang mukha ko sa mga palad ko at hindi nagtagal ay kumawala ang hikbi sa bibig ko. Sa narinig ay mas lalong bumigat ang paghinga ko hanggang sa sunod-sunod ng umalingawngaw ang hikbi na napunta sa pag-iyak.

I cried once again in front of him. All the pain bottled up for a month was escaping from my soul. I'm not like this. I couldn't show my weakness for years, but why has it been easy to show it? Is it because the pain wasn't bearable anymore? I was known for being brave and hard, but I didn't realize that there would be a time of my downfall, that I will be powerless.