SPECIAL CHAPTER

SPECIAL CHAPTER: SEALED WITH SILENCE

"Ang aga mo uuwi, ha. You must be seeing someone."

I couldn't help but to chuckle when Trisha assumed that I'm seeing someone. I've been single for almost five years and in those years, I was only focusing on my work as a forensic doctor and being a father to Rianne. That's all. Those two are only the things where I'm focused on.

"Oh, tingnan mo! You chuckled, which means I'm right!" She continued to believe her intuition and I just shook my head. I'm not seeing anyone. I'm going home early since I need to go somewhere, but I think I don't need to explain myself to her.

I took my case, and after that, I went out of my office while Trisha was still analyzing me with her arms crossed. Do I look like I did something wrong? She's the one who's assuming things.

"I'm going already," I said and locked my office.

"You're suspicious, Paris..." Her eyes narrowed with her lips pursed. She's really thinking too much, and I just don't care whatever is going on in her mind.

"Goodbye, Trisha. See you tomorrow." I waved my hand as I walked away from her. Even without looking at her, I know she's still confusingly wondering why I'm going home early. Well, I need to fulfill my promise to my classmate, and that is to be in his video. I don't even know why I put myself in that kind of situation. Knowing myself, I don't like cameras on me, but I already gave in to Chio.

"I'm watching you, Paris!" Trisha shouted, but that didn't bother me because I'm not hiding something. I'm innocent.

Pumasok ako sa kotse ko at hindi nagtagal ay umalis na para makauwi. Sa pag-uwi ay sunod-sunod ang mga balitang naririnig ko sa radyo. Hindi ako nakikinig nung una pero nung narinig ko ang breaking news ay nilakasan ko ang volume ng radyo.

Breaking News: Rogellio Fontanilla's daughter, Eliza Fontanilla died at the age of twenty-seven. Based on the investigation, there are no signs of a murder. The police concluded that it was suicide.

That woman took her life? She's just the same age as Jaylord. Rigan told me that they both know each other. High school classmates, she said. But later on, I found out that her brother did something to Eliza Fontanilla that even their mother had to talk to that woman to settle things.

She remained silent for eight years. Tita Esperanza must have done something to keep what happened. She really wanted to protect her son's future, but never cared for the woman who was the victim of her son's lust.

When I got home, I went to the shower right away. I'm already living in a different house. The house that Rigan and I used to live in was bought by a family. I'm sure the house is in good hands, and people who used to live there have parted ways already... Parted for the better.

Even though we have a child, I realized it was a lame excuse to keep things together. It will only hurt our child if I force everything to go back to what it was.

I've been living alone for five years. The start was hard, but I got used to it as time went by. It was my decision after all to live all by myself.