Ice-breaking

"Let's start from the back," Goenitz said, looking at Iori. "You, the redhead at the back?"
Iori groaned and stood up.
"Tell us your name, where you're from, and your favourite food," Goenitz smirked.
"My name is Yagami Iori, and I'm originally from Tsukishima, now living in Shibuya," Iori bowed slightly. "And my favourite food is meat."
"What kind of meat?" Goenitz asked.
Iori just shrugged.
"Is your hair dyed?" Goenitz asked.
Iori shook his head, frowning. "No, it isn't. It's red from root to tip. You can see my childhood photos if you don't believe me."
"I believe you," Goenitz nodded. "Your uncle sent us a special letter for it."
Iori smirked and bowed again before sitting down. Next, it was Duo Lon's turn. He stood up and gave the class a slight smile.
"My name is Ron Duo Lon, and I'm from China, the Hebei Province," Duo Lon smiled. "My favourite food is birds-of-paradise, roasted whole."
"I see," Goenitz nodded. "Why is your hair so long? Is there any significance to it?"
"Not really, but it's my clan's tradition," Duo Lon answered.
He just sat down when Goenitz didn't say anything more.
The girl in front of Duo Lon was a blond girl with green eyes.
"Hello, everyone, I'm Alice Garnet Nakata," the girl introduced herself. "I'm originally from South Town, and I like bananas."
"That's the girl that really likes our counsellor," Benimaru whispered to Kyo.
"I know," Kyo smirked. "Well, Terry isn't the only one that has an otaku."
"Says the one that doesn't take care of him in the least," Benimaru rolled his eyes. "You're only his senpai by name, I'm the one who's actually taking care of him."
Kyo frowned and turned towards the next student speaking. It was a Chinese girl named Li Xiangfei.
"And I like char siew bao," she said with a giggle.
"Oh my gosh, same!" One boy raised his hand cheerfully. "I'm Sie Kensou, by the way!"
Everyone continued to introduce themselves and soon it was Kay Dash's turn.
"My name is Kay Dash, and I like beef jerky," he said shortly before sitting down. "I live in Roppongi."
Goenitz nodded and asked the girl next to him to go next.
"I'm Leona Heidern and I like vegetables," the blue-haired girl said, almost in monotone. "And I also hate you."
Everyone looked at her in surprise, then turned to Goenitz who seemed entirely unfazed. He even bore a smug smirk as he regarded her.
"Next?" Goenitz simply moved on.
Eventually, it was Benimaru's turn.
"My name is Nikaido Benimaru," Benimaru said with a smirk. "I'm from Shinjuku, My favourite food is sashimi, but I like pasta and coffee too."
"You eat pasta with coffee?" Kay chimed in, an annoyed look on his face.
"No." Benimaru scowled. "I like eating pasta and I like drinking coffee."
Kay nodded and went back to his notepad on the table.
The girl in front of Benimaru got up. "I'm Kodachi Nakoruru and I'm originally from Kamui Kotan, now living in Shibuya. My favourite food is green tea-flavoured kakigori."
The blond boy in front of her stood up next. "I'm Rock Howard, and I'm from South Town. I like Jambalaya, but without the sausages."
"You're Terry's adopted son, aren't you?" Goenitz said thoughtfully.
"Yes," Rock nodded before sitting down. "I may be adopted, but I still consider him my father."
Kyo started whispering to Benimaru. "So, this is the lucky guy that got to become Terry's son. Lucky him... sometimes I wonder why I'm not lucky enough to have a nice guy as my father instead of that loser..."
Benimaru gave him a frown, shaking his head. "You should be grateful, idiot. Some people don't even have parents."
Kyo fell silent and frowned. It was soon his turn to introduce himself.
"Hello, everyone, I'm Kusanagi Kyo," Kyo smirked. "I'm from Shinjuku, and I like fish."
"Just fish?" Goenitz asked in surprise. "I thought you also liked flunking your exams?"
Everyone started laughing at him.
"I'm telling you now, if you don't improve yourself, you're gonna be spending more years in high school," Goenitz warned.
"You better buck up, Kusanagi."
Kyo nodded curtly and sat back down. The tall, buff boy in front of Kyo stood up.
"My name is Daimon Goro, and I like Soba," Goro humbly said with a bow. "I'm from Shinjuku too."
Goenitz crossed his arms and looked them with a knowing look. "Are those two boys behind you your best friends?"
"Yes, Sensei," Goro nodded. "They are my teammates in the martial arts tournament, and we soon grew into good friends."
Goenitz shook his head. "I need to do something with the three of you. If I hear any complaints, I'm splitting you."
Kyo gave him an exaggerated nod in return. Goenitz grimaced and moved on to the next person. It was a tanned boy with blond hair and a smug smirk.
"Ni hao, I'm Shen Woo and I'm from Shanghai," the boy grinned. "And my favourite food is crab."
"Oh, crab..." Goenitz nodded. "Shanghai crab?"
"Yes, Sensei," Shen grinned back.
"Okay, sit down," Goenitz chuckled. "Next?"
Soon, his class was over, and another teacher stepped in.
It was a middle-aged man with a short haircut. Kyo groaned.
"Why do you groan at everything?" Benimaru asked, annoyed.
"This loser is my dad's best friend," Kyo scowled. "Ben! Why is it always one loser after another?"
"I heard that," the teacher glared at him. He turned towards the students and grinned. "Hello, everyone. I'm Sakazaki Takuma."
The students greeted him and sat down.
"I am your Japanese Language teacher," Takuma beamed. "Take out your books, I want a large one because you'll be doing lots of writing."
The students did and soon class began.

Goenitz walked in again for break time and sat down at the front. The students took out their lunchboxes and started to eat, chatting with their friends as they did.
Iori took out his bento box and looked at his deep fried tonkatsu with rice, his mouth watering. Kyo, as usual, was already gobbling up his grilled fish, laughing and talking with Benimaru and Goro. Everyone were surprised when Kay only pulled out a pack of beef jerky.
"You... you're only eating that?" Iori asked in surprise.
"How are you able to function with no vegetables?" Leona asked, sitting next to him with a salad and ranch dressing.
"How are you able to function with only vegetables?" Kay countered.
"That's a good one," Iori chuckled. "But still, that's really little."
"I can manage," Kay shrugged, stuffing his face with beef jerky.
Leona sighed and shook her head before going back to her salad. Some of the students finished eating really quick, and ended up playing around the classroom. Some students just occupied themselves with their homework or just played with their phones.
It was soon time to go home, and everyone were overjoyed to finally leave.
The students waited at the foyer for their parents to pick them up. A man that looked incredibly like Iori stood at the gate.
'I think that's his dad,' Kyo shrugged, getting onto his bike with his girlfriend.
"Oi! Wear your helmet!" Benimaru shouted as he walked past him.
Kyo just smirked, waving at him.
And then a taller and bigger version of Kay came up. Kay and another woman, who was a teacher that Kyo recognised to be the one teaching PE, went towards him.
'Seirah Whip is his sister?!' Kyo gasped in surprise. 'Then who's this? His beefed-up dad?'
He looked closely at the other man, and realised that he wasn't old enough to be Kay's father.
'Maybe his brother?' Kyo shrugged.
Another girl with strawberry-blonde hair ran up behind them, hugging Seirah as she did.
'Who's that?' Kyo thought. He turned to his girlfriend instead. "Yuki, you know that girl?"
"That's Kula," Yuki informed. "She's a new student in my class. Anyway, come on, Kyo. Let's go."
'He has a sister?' Kyo thought. He turned to his girlfriend again. "Yuki, is that girl in your class?"
"Yeah, she is," Yuki nodded. "Come on, Kyo! What are you waiting for, watching people as their leave?"
"Where do you wanna go?" Kyo asked with a smirk.
Iori soon came out, with a girl that had long hair just as red as his.
"How about Monja Street?" Yuki smiled. "Feel like eating Monjayaki all of a sudden."
So that's where he went, tagging his girlfriend along with him.