The aftermath

"Did she actually get caught?" Aiko excitedly asked her brother as soon as she saw him sitting down in the foyer with a bottle of yoghurt in his hand.
Iori nodded. "But something else happened. She revealed that she was harassed and that creep got fired instead."
"Wait, what?" Aiko asked, confused.
Iori explained to her in his hoarse voice while sipping his yoghurt.
"Gosh..." Aiko finally said when he was done.
"I know, right?" Iori shrugged, downing the remainder of his yoghurt. "Plot twist."
Aiko shook her head. "No, not that. Your voice sounds horrible. Did you vomit again?"
Iori sighed. "Yeah, I did. That's why I'm drinking this yoghurt now."
"Because you lost your lunch?" Aiko sighed, shaking her head.
"That too," Iori admitted.
Aiko frowned and reached into her bag, pulling out a pack of lozenges. "Here. Take one of these."
Iori nodded and gladly accepted her offer, taking one of the lozenges and popping it into his mouth. "Thanks."
The siblings soon saw Masaomi standing at the gates.
"Come on, Dad's here," Iori got up and grabbed his bag.
"Yeah," Aiko did the same. "Let's go."
Iori threw his yoghurt bottle away into the trash and followed her out.

"So what happened in school today?" Masaomi asked when they got into the car.
"Lots," Iori sighed, still sucking his lozenge.
"What happened to your voice?" Masaomi asked, concerned.
"Threw up," Iori casually stated.
"What?!" Masaomi blurted out. "Are you okay? What happened? Was it food poisoning? Was the tonkatsu I sent bad?"
"No, no, it had nothing to do with food," Iori sighed. "It was the teacher..."
"Teacher?" Masaomi repeated, confused. "What did the teacher do?"
The siblings exchanged glances.
"It's nothing, the teacher just told us a story of a very disgusting person," Iori resorted to say. "That got me throwing up."
"How bad was the story?" Masaomi asked in surprise. "Till you barfed!"
Aiko cleared her throat. "Niisan told me too. It really was bad. He even got fired because of it."
"Who's this teacher?" Masaomi questioned again.
"One by the name of Jubei Yamada," Iori sighed. "He came as a substitute. The principal found out and gave him the boot."
Masaomi heaved a sigh of relief. "That's good. At least he won't bother you guys again."
"Yeah," Iori smiled. "He won't bother anyone in this school ever again."
"Well, that's good then," Masaomi shrugged. "Why everything happens in your class, I still don't know."
"We don't too," Iori agreed with a sigh. "First that Goenitz guy, now this..."

***

Iori realised that he forgot to enter any extracurricular clubs. So did his sister.
"Aiko?" Iori knocked on his sister's open door and went in, making the girl look up. "Did you join any clubs in school?"
Aiko's questioning look morphed into that of surprise as she sat cross-legged on her bed. "No... I didn't join anything..."
"Same..." Iori sighed. "They actually gave us a letter a long time ago, I forgot about it."
"Let's go see the teacher in charge tomorrow," Aiko said. "Who was it again?"
"Not sure," Iori frowned. "I think it's in the letter."
He went back to his room, Aiko at his heels, and rummaged in his bag for the letter. He found the torn and crumbling memo and barely managed to decipher whatever that was written. The two groaned when they found that the teacher in charge was Goenitz.
"Great, it's Goenitz-sensei," Iori groaned. "How can we go see him if he's suspended?"
"I can't believe you're still referring to him as sensei when he tried to ruin you," Aiko shook her head. "Seriously, Niisan..."
"What, he's a broken soul too," Iori pointed out.
Aiko sighed and sat down on Iori's bed. "So who do we go see?"
"I think we can just ask our homeroom teachers," Iori shrugged. "How about that?"
Aiko frowned for a moment. "Bernstein is your Physics teacher, right?"
Iori nodded. "Yeah, that's right... the principal is teaching us."
"How about you ask him tomorrow?" Aiko suggested.
"I guess that's a good idea..." Iori agreed. "Only, I don't know how to explain to him that I have been running around without joining anything..."
"Just ask, I'm sure he'll understand, given your circumstances, Niisan. It wasn't your fault, anyway."
"Yeah, I guess..."

Kay looked at his phone in surprise when Iori messaged him. He turned to his younger brother, who stuffed his mouth with so many grapes that his cheeks were puffed and juice spilled out the corners of his mouth.
"Dude!" Kay called. "We're supposed to join extracurricular activities?!"
"Wafuwafidarf?" Zayn mumbled incoherent words, earning a confused look from Kay. He eventually gulped everything down and let out a loud burp.
"Gross," Kay groaned. He pulled a tissue from the box on the coffee table and handed it to him. "Here, wipe your face. You have grape juice all over it."
Zayn took it and did as he said before speaking again. "I said, what the heck is that? What's extraterrestrial activities? Is it like alien sightings or something?"
Kay couldn't help but laugh before explaining. "Extracurricular means activities at school, like clubs and sports and stuff. We have to enter a sports club and some culture club..."
"Let's just take the same thing," Zayn shrugged. "What do they have?"
"I'm not sure, we have to go see a teacher tomorrow," Kay shrugged. "But not sure which teacher."
Zayn gave him a weird look. "Dude. The teacher is in the house."
Kay suddenly panicked, not understanding what he meant. "Uh... who?"
Zayn sighed and called. "Seirah! Oh Seirah!"
Seirah poked her head out of her room, looking annoyed. "What?"
"Could you come here for a sec?" Zayn sweetly said.
Seirah groaned and grabbed her phone before coming out, her short pigtails bobbing as she walked. "Yeah? What do you want?"
"Seirah... would you be mad if we told you that we haven't joined any extracurricular activities?" Kay gulped.
Seirah's eyes widened in surprise. "WHAT?!"
"It isn't our fault, we just didn't know," Kay quickly said. "Sorry..."
Seirah sighed. "Fine. What do you want to join?"
"What is there to join?" Zayn cut in.
Seirah sighed and took her phone out to see. She went to the teachers' group chat and found the list, showing it to her brothers. The two immediately bent their heads over her phone, deciding what to join.
"I'm not good at any of those," Kay groaned. "I hate sports."
"I think I'm okay with Basketball," Zayn confidentially said. His two siblings immediately turned to look at him, their eyebrows raised. "What?"
"Have you even played basketball before?" Seirah asked at last.
Zayn blinked. "No?"
"So why do you wanna join that, then?" Kay added.
Zayn simply shrugged in reply.
Seirah just noted it down. "What club do you wanna join?"
"Hmm... I think I'll take the Choir Club," Zayn said as he frowned over the list of clubs. "Sounds fun."
Kay just rolled his eyes and turned to his sister. "I think I'll take the English Club and Chess Club."
"Of course, you won't take anything that concerns exercise," Seirah sighed, shaking her head. "Did your friend join, Dash? That Iori boy?"
"I'm not sure..." Kay frowned. "Let me ask him."
"Better do it, I don't think he joined anything," Seirah pointed out. "Since Goenitz isn't here, I'm the one in charge. So ask him to tell me."