Neighbour

Kay and Zayn decided to go to the convenient store downstairs to get some drinks and snacks since they wanted to have a movie night but had nothing to munch.
So they got a bottle of soda for each person, a few bags of potato chips, some chocolate bars, and some raisins since Zayn really wanted some. They also got some butter sandwich crackers and sports drinks for Krizalid as well since his stash had depleted.
"Do you really need that many packs of beef jerky?" Zayn said in surprise when Kay returned to the counter with his arms filled with at least ten packs of the dried snack, dumping the entire lot on the countertop. "And you said two packs of golden raisins and two packs of black raisins were too much..."
Kay simply shrugged, smirking at him before taking the money out to pay. It was a good thing that Maxima had given them more money than they needed since they went way over their budget, especially because of the beef jerky and raisins. The two brothers then shared the load of whatever they bought, each carrying two bags, and made their way back upstairs to their apartment.
"Do you think they have already chosen a movie to watch?" Zayn asked as they rode in the lift together.
Kay frowned. "I don't think so. There's a chance that they're still flipping through the list of movies without choosing a single one."
"I sure hope not... if that's the case, we might just end up watching cartoons again," Zayn groaned.
"And that's a problem because...?"
"Because I wanna watch a movie straightaway without having to pick something else to watch every ten to twenty minutes."
Kay nodded slowly. "Good point."
The lift opened at their floor and they started making their way to their apartment. The puffy haired lady from next door stepped out together with the other young woman that came with her.
"Should we like greet them or something?" Zayn whispered.
"No need..." Kay replied in a low voice. "Just come."
Zayn shrugged and decided to go with it.
That was until he spotted her. The same silvery hair that he usually saw arranged in a waterfall fashion, now pulled up into a high ponytail. Zayn nearly dropped the bags he was holding.
"Isolde?" He murmured, unable to believe his eyes.
Isolde turned to look at him, seemingly having heard her name. Her face lit up upon recognising him as she cheerfully waved at him. "Zayn!" She exclaimed, running over.
"Hi," Zayn smiled back. "Going out?"
"Yeah, for a movie," Isolde chuckled. "At Epiphany Square."
Zayn nodded. "Oh... we're watching a movie too."
Kay smiled and put an arm around him. "Enjoy your movie, ladies. We need to get to ours too. Bye!"
"Bye!" Zayn cheerfully waved as his brother pulled him over to their apartment.
Zayn was giggling as they entered their apartment, suddenly dazed with the feeling of love. Who wouldn't be like this after finding out that their crush is literally separated from them by a mere brick wall? She was that close to him now, he didn't only have to meet her at school.
"Earth to Zayn," Zayn suddenly felt himself being shaken by the shoulders, jolting him out of his sudden trance-like state. "Oi! What happened to you?"
"She lives next door," Zayn grinned dreamily. "Ah... now I don't have to just see her at the library or at choir. She's just next door!"
"Who's next door?" Erin asked, interested.
Maxima burst into laughter. "Oh, there's this girl he likes. Her name is Isetan."
"Isetan?" Erin repeated in surprise. "Like the department store?"
Zayn felt a little offended, but too dazed to care. "It's actually Isolde." He corrected.
"Ah, yes Isolde," Maxima nodded. "Her name is Isolde. Zayn likes her."
"Oh!" Erin lit up. "Then she must be Ms. Diana's second daughter. She mentioned that she also went to your school, but I assumed that she was just a little girl and you guys didn't know her. How old is she? Zaynie's age?"
Zayn was actually a little warmed by the fact that she still called him by his baby nickname. It made him smile, making him feel complete and fulfilled. "Yeah, she's my age." He said with a smile.
"Is she pretty?" Erin asked, but sighed. "To think that I missed all of your childhood and have only returned when you're old enough to fall in love..."
Zayn shook his head. "I'm still a child, especially for you."
"Nah you're still a child in general," Seirah snorted.
To his dismay, everyone agreed with her.

***

It was clear that Yashiro held a big grudge on Iori, especially because of the way he glared at him whenever he could. Iori tried his best at ignoring him, letting his gaze wander as far from his glare as he could, but that didn't mean it didn't bother him.
It seemed unfair that Yashiro loathed him for 'stealing' his position as the president of the Band Club when he held the position of being the president of the Swim Club. In fact, the swim team held greater respect in the school, that's what Iori thought at least, since their accomplishments were always made throughout the school during weekly assemblies.
Why was he still aiming to be the Band Club president in the first place? It even seemed greedy of him to want another high position after already holding another more prestigious one. Iori just hoped that Yashiro wouldn't disturb him in any way. The last thing he wanted in his list of problems was a bully.
But aside from the constant glaring, Iori received no form of bother from Yashiro's end. And he wished it would stay that way.

Yashiro couldn't help but feel enraged to see the redhead prance around in the name of being the Band Club's president. It was as if he was mocking him, ignoring him despite being perfectly aware of his presence. It was as if the redhead compared himself with the greatest of musicians, even putting his own song into the list of music to perform during the prize-giving event next month. Did he feel that writing songs made him just as worthy?
Yashiro thought not.
In his eyes, Iori seemed to be one of the most unfit people to hold such a position as the president of not just the Band Club, but all of the other clubs in KOF International School. Why give him such a position when Yashiro was right there? Wasn't he a good musician himself? Of course he was! He was the maestro of a real band! How could he be an unfit president for the Band Club?
Last he checked, Iori didn't own no band, he was just an unknown musician who was here to mess around with him. Why did he seem more worthy of the position than he was?
Yashiro also blamed Kyo. He was the concert master, after all, it was only natural that all members of the band had a form of admiration towards him. They would believe everything he said about him, be it something good or even something bad.
Whatever it was, Iori had taken something that belonged to him, rejected his music ideas, and now had something to come his way. Yashiro was going to get back at him. It wasn't going to be now, but it was soon.
When he least expected it...