Hospitalised Yagamis

Mian soon came in and rushed straight to the back where Iori laid unconscious.
"Does he have any conditions?" Mian asked Aiko.
"No, none at all," Aiko shook her head. "This never happened before."
There was murmuring from the corridor, followed by running footsteps. Suddenly, Kazuhiro appeared at the doorway.
"Iori!" Kazuhiro anxiously called.
"Uncle!" Aiko got up and ran to him.
"Aiko! Where's your brother?" Kazuhiro asked, patting her back when she started sobbing on his chest, her arms tightly clasped around him. "Is he okay?"
"I don't know," Aiko choked out, looking up at him.
"Where is he?!" Kazuhiro asked. Aiko pointed to the back and ran to her brother. "Iori!"
Kazuhiro went to see how Iori was and gasped when he saw his unconscious and pale state, curled in a fetal position on the ground. Mian was still examining him to try and identify what was wrong with him.
"Does he do drugs?" Mian inquired, turning to the rest.
"No!" Kazuhiro and Aiko both exclaimed.
"Iori is a very good student, he would never!" Kazuhiro added.
"I agree with him," Goenitz stepped in. "I've seen how he is in class, always alert and concentrating. You can ask Kyo if you want. Maybe he introduced him into that bad habit."
"What?!" Kyo exclaimed in shock. "Hey!"
"We need to check his bag," Mian finally said, getting up. "Which is his bag?"
Kay pointed to Iori's desk. She immediately went to it and turned his bag inside out to check its contents. She found nothing suspicious and put everything back in order.
"I can't find anything," Mian said. She turned back to Aiko and Kazuhiro. "How is he at home?"
"He's always at home, studying," Kazuhiro pointed out. "He never goes out with friends, though I've urged him to do so many times."
"He's right, Niisan sometimes helps me with my homework too," Aiko added. "If there's anything I don't know, he'll help me."
"Did anything happen yesterday?" Kay chimed in. "I... I saw you when you came to pick Iori up from school. You seemed anxious."
Kazuhiro and Aiko exchanged looks.
"Yes, something did happen yesterday," Kazuhiro sighed, nodding.
"Maybe..." Kay paused for a moment. "Maybe that's why he's like this?"
"We need to get him to the hospital..." Kazuhiro quickly said.
"I'll call for an ambulance," Goenitz offered, taking his phone out.
"It's fine," Kazuhiro shook his head, rolling up his sleeves. "If you don't mind, I'm taking Aiko with me too."
Goenitz nodded. "I'll inform her home room teacher. What class are you in, girl?"
Aiko told him and watched in surprise as her uncle somehow carried Iori over his shoulder. She grabbed Iori's things and followed him down the stairs, unable to utter a word in surprise.
"Go get your things too, Aiko," Kazuhiro said. "I'll wait for you outside."
Aiko nodded and ran off to her classroom to get her things. Her classmates were curious at why she was going home but she offered no explanation as she headed out. Kazuhiro was waiting in his Nissan Sunny near the gate and she quickly got in beside her unconscious brother.
Aiko sighed, tiredly leaning against the seat. "When you said we don't have to go to school today, we shouldn't have declined. All of this might not have happened."
"Can you tell me what actually happened?" Kazuhiro sighed from the front.
"I don't actually know, Uncle," Aiko groaned. "I was cleaning the class when Niisan's classmate, the boy with grey hair, suddenly barged in to call me. He told me that something's up with Niisan and I followed him to class to see him acting like... like... like he was possessed!"
"What?" Kazuhiro said in surprise.
"Yeah!" Aiko nodded. "His classmates had to hold him down and he was snarling and roaring like a... wolf or something!"
"Oh my god..." Kazuhiro shook his head in horror.
"Then I started crying, saying that we've had enough. Then he suddenly held his head and fell, eventually he fainted."
"And what was the teacher doing all this time?"
"Well, his homeroom teacher was trying to... exorcise him but he wasn't possessed. The nursing teacher only came in right before you did."
"What took her so long?"
"Someone went to call her but took forever. The teacher had to call her instead."
Iori let out a soft groan next to her.
"Was that Iori?" Kazuhiro immediately glanced at them.
"Yeah," Aiko said, scooting closer to see if he was okay. "Niisan, are you okay?"
He said no more after that.
"I think we'll just admit him in the same hospital as Niisan," Kazuhiro sighed. "I hope he's okay..."
Aiko suddenly let out a humourless chuckle. "Isn't it funny? Both of our Niisans are not well."
Kazuhiro let out a snort at the joke. "True... very true."
"By the way, did the doctor say anything about Dad?" Aiko leaned her head against her brother's shoulder, hugging his arm in case he needed comfort.
"Nothing yet," Kazuhiro sighed. "They've stomach-washed him, but he's still unconscious."
Aiko sighed. "What bad luck for our family, ain't it?"

Iori was rushed into the ER and the neurologist immediately suggested a few tests. Iori was still unconscious so he wasn't really aware of it. It was a good thing he didn't wake up in the middle of them else he would've freaked out. The doctors examined his reports and concluded that there was nothing wrong with him. Kazuhiro stayed with Iori while Aiko went to her father in case the doctor said anything. They kept in touch through texts since Aiko couldn't bear to not know if Iori was okay.
"We have to do a psychological evaluation instead," the psychiatrist said when he met with Kazuhiro. "But we have to wait for him to wake up."
While that, they had to keep him in a ward.

Aiko was allowed to see her father now that he was out of the critical stage. She sat beside him and sighed. He was still unconscious and she couldn't help but notice how pale he looked.
"Dad?" Aiko called when she saw his eyelids twitching. Masaomi immediately woke up and tried to speak but the breathing mask was in his way. Aiko quickly stood up. "I'll go get a nurse."
She ran off and returned with a nurse who checked if he was okay and took the ventilator off. "You're okay, Mr. Yagami. You just have to stay for a few days for observation."
Masaomi didn't look so pleased.
"Dad, how are you feeling now?" Aiko asked.
"I'm sorry, Aiko," Masaomi cried. "I should've died. That way, your brother and you wouldn't be burdened by me."
"No, Dad!" Aiko sobbed, taking his hand in hers. "We need you! How would we live in peace without you? You didn't think of us, did you? Think of the grief we would feel if you did that!"
Masaomi sighed and tried to sit up. "Where's your uncle?"
Aiko bit her lip. "He's... he's with Niisan."
"Where are they, I need to speak to them," Masaomi attempted to get up, still having IV drips injected into him.
Aiko didn't answer, just looking at the ground.
"Aiko, where are they?" Masaomi asked again.
"I'll call uncle," Aiko said at last, taking her phone out.

Kazuhiro sat down beside Iori. He was still unconscious, but the doctor had said that he would wake up at any time. Suddenly, his phone rang. Kazuhiro excused himself to the corridor to answer it.
"Uncle, Dad's awake," Aiko informed. "He's looking for you and Niisan."
"I'll be over," Kazuhiro quickly said.
"How's Niisan?" Aiko asked. "Is he still unconscious?"
Masaomi sat up in surprise. "What happened to Iori?!"
"Aiko, tell him that everything's fine and I'll be up there in a minute," Kazuhiro said. "Don't tell him what happened to Iori first, okay?"
"Okay," Aiko sighed. "We'll be waiting for you."
She hung up and turned to her father. "Uncle's on his way."
"What happened to Iori?" Masaomi asked again.
"Nothing, he's just a little unwell," Aiko quickly said, making him lie down on the bed again. "You rest first."
Kazuhiro barged into the room and heaved a sigh of relief upon seeing his brother awake. "Niisan, how are you feeling now?"
"A little weird, but I'm okay," Masaomi sighed. "I'm very sorry I did this... I didn't think about what you guys might feel."
"Oh... Niisan," Kazuhiro sighed and came over to hug him. "Everything's gonna be okay, I promise. You might be prescribed to therapy, but you're gonna be okay."
"I am okay," Masaomi insisted, his voice hoarse. "Where's Iori?"
"He's... he's admitted here too," Kazuhiro finally said.
"What happened to him?" Masaomi demanded. Instantly, the monitors around him started beeping furiously.
"Niisan, you need to relax," Kazuhiro quickly said. "Iori's fine, just... just stressed, that's all."
"Stressed?" Masaomi asked. "What happened to him?! Why aren't you two telling me?"
"I have to go see the doctor," Kazuhiro said, leaving them once again.