Chapter 20: A final second

"The journey to Mordor has been long so far and i am almost there. I feel more alone than ever and i think i am getting sick. While i don't think it can kill me, i feel miserable." I wrote the words in the journal i found tucked into one of the pockets inside the saddle of the horse. The pages had been blank before so i took it for myself, to remember the journey, or to leave it for family- I have no children, i reminded my self, and i never will have them. I felt sad knowing this so tried to clear my mind and return to my journal. I wasn't holding the reigns so i could bump into a tree any moment. The horse was quite a beauty, but had not a brain cell.

A branch cracked behind me, setting my nerves on edge. My heart pounded as i tried to slow the horse. My breathing could then be heard, and i didn't like it. The horse's feet stood still and i ran my trembling fingers over her main. I was obviously over reacting at the crack of a twig but i had that feeling on the back of my neck. You know the one where it makes your hairs stand on end and you panic but you don't know why? Its the feeling that your being watched...

I couldn't move but i wanted to take out the bow so badly and to point it around me... But i never did, until a subtle crack came from the place again. I was squinting in fear but i slapped up my bow from my back and pointed it to the place around me.

"Help me, god. Please..." I whispered, scared. Then out from behind the tree, none the less but two cave trolls. Smaller and skinnier than normal trolls but either way, clutching a large dagger. The blade looked rusty and dull but i still felt fearful at the creatures.

"Look Kip! Its a little lunch!" The high voice squeezed and pointed at me.

"I see, Fip. I see it." It studied me but i just sat still, afraid but also a bit confused. Most trolls just scream around a bit but that was in darker ages when they were mostly just wrapped up in chains and used for evil. Now, wild one's can sometimes be friendly but to most, all they want it a bit of food to eat.

"What is it?" The one called Kip spoke, puzzled.

"I am nothing. And i'm-" i started but was cut off by an arrow coming from behind me. I nearly pee'd my pants from the sound of the arrow flicking past my ear. The Troll was moaning in pain with an arrow in its eye.

"What do i do Kip???" He was moaning. "What wha-" another arrow dodged into the same trolls neck. Another scream but this time it was my hand that slipped the weapon.

The Troll flopped onto the ground and with it's last few breathes, pointed to me with a wrinkly finger. "Get that beast!!" It bellowed and i drew back my bow in defence.

The other person's arrow flew past me once more and landed in the side of the head, right through the temple and the troll screamed like the other. It stumbled to me and in fear, my arrow stabbed into the same place again.

Blood was spilling over the soft moss of the green forest.

"Sorry." I whispered to the troll, with real sorrow. If they had been a friend to me, i would have been one to them. The troll collapsed beside it's friend and i turned my head to behind me. Before me, there stood Kili and Fili. I didnt know what to think.... Sadness? Passion?

"Kili." I whimpered out. I felt a few tears bubbling up inside me. I slowly stepped down off my horse, walking over to him. "Why did you follow me? I was going to- never mind where i was going. You would have been killed"

"But so would you." He reached for my hand but i pulled back, a bit angry.

"That is my choice!" I exclaimed, so confused with emotion.

"My life is my choice too." He protested, again reaching for my hand and this time i let him.

A moan came from the troll behind me, which i thought was already dead. I quickly looked around to it but it was too late as i felt the deep pain of a dagger entering my lower torso. The pain was like ice running through my body and it numbed my mind. It was a sting that ran into my blood and the surface of my skin being shattered with pain.

A soft scream, nothing more than a groan escaped my lips as my body lurched forward, curling around the wound that was draining blood. Finally, out of my blurring vision, i saw the troll die. Black spots began to cross my eyes as i twisted my head gently to Kili and his startled brother.

His face was covered in fear. My hand reached for him but my legs collapsed, dropping me down on the moss. My eyes angled up to the blue sky, the sun in my eyes.

I felt Kili's warm hands touch my body, one hand on my torso. A little moan in pain came from my lips again as the tears finally fell.

"Kili- Kili" i shivered out, the whole world feeling cold.

"I'm here." I could barely hear him or make out his handsome face and the hidden insecurities.

"I want to tell you something." I knew i would die. Forgotten like the trolls but i wanted a last moment. To feel love again with one person that i could finally admit to being attached to.

"You don't have to. You can tell me later right?" He seemed desperate, hot tears coming to his eyes and his voice scratchy. He knew too.

"Listen" my body was week already and i only had a few seconds left. "I used to be their hidden weapon. They would have used me in Mordor as a weapon. If i went back i would die, with out you. That is what i wanted, not to do this." His hand was on my face... I think. "I want you to remember me." He was shaking his head in sadness. "I dont know what i am to you, to the world. But i, to me, was simply a lost soul, who needed a home and found it only at the last minute. 10, too late." And with that, i closed my eyes, taking one last breath, the pain gone from my body. "Have a good life." I could here Kili's voice fade and his hands wrap around me until I couldn't...

Then, my eyes started to go black and i must have been gone.

Or Was I?

So o decided to bring back the series and make this new end so please go read it if you will and i want to thank you all for your support to bring her back and not actually die...

This was the original end with her dying but i decided to continue it months almost a full year later. So please keep reading and don't forget to vote.