Chapter 15: I will train.

The next day I awoke from my sleep with a jolt. "Good morning." I looked up to see a dwarf. I think it was a Female?

"Yup, up you get. You've got a busy day today! First on your ol' list is for you to go to breakfast and then a fighting class."

"Fighting class? I don't need fighting class! Did you not see me kill all those Goblins along with everyone else?" I was getting a bit impatient as usual.

"Calm down little miss, everyone goes to fightin' class... Even The Princes." She snatched the covers off my bed and I just did as she said. I was much too tired to rebel. "I heard you found the goblins!." She paused, "And fought them as well." She leaned in to my ear. "I hear he wants you working for him. Isn't that an honour?" She went on and on about the latest drama and I listened attentively. All this information was important to my social situation here, not that I cared what people thought of me. "I heard that Kili, that nefew of Thorin's is quite the catch, and Fili too! Of corse, Fili is the heir to the throne so if it was me, I would choose him." I shifted uncomfortable when she said this.

"That is too bold." I spat, folding my arms across my chest.

"Sorry mam." Her voice darkened and got so cold, "t'was not my place." She nodded then threw a pile of clothes at me. "Get dressed and leave the room. Find the practice room when your finished" Then she left with a stomp.

I think I could get to like her but she certainly left my jaw dropping this time. I examined the dwarfish clothing. It was mostly grey and blue. A long shirt, but pants were supplied. Not many women here wear pants.
I put my clothes back on from yesterday, the dark leather and belt that held knives and arrows. I didn't want to wear the clothing they gave me quite yet. I remembered my bow, it wasn't in the room, so I left curiously to find the Thorin and that lady who was just in my room and complain about my clothes.

I left the room with a firm lock of the door and found myself in a long corridor that was bustling with busy dwarfish maids. I turned to one and tapped her shoulder, "how can I get to the dinning hall?" She flicked her tubby self around and looked me sternly in the eyes.

She squinted then looked me up and down. "Why do you hold these weapons, girl?" She studied me. Judged me. "Only our men fight here".

I just shoved past the fat witch and gave her a light hit on the leg with my rock toe boots. "I am no little girl." I sneered back at her then flicked my head around and proudly marched down the hall to a recognizable area. Stupid maid. Bloody maid.

I found myself in the crowded main hall once more. I knew the way to Thorin's throne so I did just that. When I arrived at the grand gold doors I pounded them open and put on my most firm face. My lips pressed into a fine line.

"Thorin." I commanded and his head jolted up, "Training? I will not train!" I leaned on my hip and crossed my arms.

He let out a sigh and then tilted his head to me and his arms lurched on the sides of his throne. "You will train. You will go to practice like the rest of our men just know and a while. While your fighting is excellent, its not in a dwarfish way. You must learn to wield an axe." He rested his head on his hand. "Seeing you fight the other day shows me that you are out of practice and need to be trained as well."

"If I am trained, I will be trained by an elf!" I forced.

"You will train as a dwarf or not ever fight for any army of mine!" He said, frustration growing between us.

I let out a huge sigh then brought my finger up to point at his face. My anger was buit up to a boil and I just exploded. "Elrond trained me as an elf, that is my nature. Do not insult me, dwarf."

He just collapsed in his throne and nodded. "You can train with our best bow man and best sword handler. Alright? They are a fine pair and their skills are important to elves. However you will learn to wield an axe, weather you use the skill is your own choice."

I thought for a moment, "When do I start?"

So i realize that these chapters are pretty short but i just kind of like the way I'm able to get to the point... I hope you don't mind because personally I really like them.

Love you all! 😘 Thanks for 17k views!!!