Chapter 16: Outside

Just a note: please check out the image above; you are sure to laugh....😂😂😂😂 Its just the best😂

After my talk with Thorin, i went to get on with my day. I had gotten breakfast on my own, as i never saw Kili nor Fili. I had sat on my own in my room after getting it. It was warm and delicious like the meals the Bilbo and Frodo had served me for days. They were both so kind for accepting me into their home, but perhaps they wanted that.... They must miss the days of adventure.

I finished my meal and brought it back to the kitchen when i bumped into the most unlikely of people...

"Legolas?" I was overwhelmed with memories and surprise. "Legolas what are you doing here?? "

"Sophia? What are you doing here?" He was just as confused as i was.
It was like seeing a ghost, my heart pounded seeing his tall figure look down on me.

"I live here now, with the dwarves." Do you remember that i had an affair with the prince of Mirkwood? Well it never really 'ended' in a way. We haven't spoken but we parted in a way that we both knew neither of us would be seeing the other in a long while.

"Oh my- it so nice to see you but, i really must be going." He rushed around me and to a grand set of doors and pushed through them. Or was it over...? A swell of disappointment flushed up inside me. What kind of Elven prince would want such an freak for a princess? Brushing all my negative thoughts aside, I quickly left any ideas of Legolas in my heart behind. He was a phase in my life and nothing more... I looked to my feet and sighed as i walked in the opposite direction. But why was he here? I had to know why the elf had come here.

A few minutes later i came across the main hall but I couldn't go out because I finally realized that i had been crying... I put a hand to my face and leaned up on the wall beside me. A grand idea for me to go on a walk out side the mountain came into mind so I snuck out to the gate. Careful to avoid any chatty dwarves.

I finally got to the gates and came up on the stone doors. They were so massive that anyone could hear me open them plus, I couldn't get them open myself at all. I decided to scavenge in my memories for another way out... Of corse! There was a small set of doors just around here. The dark hall around the gates flickered with torch light as i made my way to the door. I put my hands on it to heave it open. It was a bumpy cold stone that hurt my hands when i pushed but when i get it open, i slipped through the slender space.

The rays of sun hit my eyes and i squinted. I looked all around me and saw a large white horse. Legolas's? I stepped over to the horse with an outstretched arm. Once i got close enough, i laid my hand on its face. I forgot a bow! I quickly scavenged the horse for weapons and came across a small bow with delicate gold design on the side. I ran my fingers softly over the string until i grabbed its handle. It resembled Tauriel's bow very much, an elf i had met it Mirkwood... Well. I never really met her. I saw Kili swoon over her on the shores outside the great mountain and beyond the lake town city. Burned and in ruin. Bodies scattering the land.

I abruptly shook my head away from the memories. I snatched some arrows from the horse and then a sword. It was an elven make with a very sharp blade.

I was prepared for anything... But i was more naïve that before.