Chapter 5: Hobbit Time

I walked into the home without having to reach for the door nob. The same mark I had seen years ago now remained on the door. It was the same sign Gandalf put on all of his letters and writing, I never did learn what it meant...

"Bilbo?" I shouted out as I walked from room to room. "Bilbo!"

"Who is it! Why have you come into my home? You better ex-" he saw me and I gave a little wave. "Sophia! Oh my goodness its so nice to see you!" He looked over my shoulder as it trying to find someone. "Has Gandalf come with you? Have you traveled alone?"

"Yes, I have traveled alone and Gandalf is gone to the Misty Mountains. Im afraid I must invite myself to stay for many nights."I said as I put down my bag. "I also must tell you that when Gandalf comes here in a week or two, he will not come alone."

"What do you mean?" He stepped back.

"I mean that many dwarves will come as well. I do not know how many..."

"Why did I not receive a warning and why are they coming? Why have you?"

"You never received a warning because I was in a rush to find the dwarves. You see, Mr.Butterbur has met death and I need a home.."

"Live in the Shire! Next to Frodo and I!" He suggested. "I am so sorry to hear of the passing of Mr. Butterbur."

"I will manage. Im sorry, I will not stay here, I want to be with the Dwarves, my family... I do consider them my true family if you don't mind."

"Oh" He looked a bit insulted so I continued to talk.

"They are coming here to meet me because then, I would not have travel alone. Why did I not go with Gandalf? I don't know... If I had gone with him, I would not have traveled by my self."

"It seems odd, knowing Gandalf, it has a purpose though... Yes, a wizard does only what he means to."

"So, I may stay until they come for me?" I confirmed.

"Yes you may Sophia, make your self at home in the spare, spare room. Frodo occupies the spare room. With all the rooms, we should definitely had one or two for you."

I do remember that Bilbo's home was very large anyways before the adventure and the discovery of his wealth. Now, he seems unbelievably loaded with money... Too much for a hobbit or two.

I took my bag and followed Bilbo into a spare spare room. The proportions were perfect just like the dwarf and hobbit rooms in The Prancing Pony. The room was warm and friendly, the way I like it. Not cold and white like Rivendell or Mirkwood homes. The Shire was so nice.

Bree was nice too, but it had a unique affect on me that I hated... I think it was the selfishness and greed it gave you.

"I will be preparing second Breakfast now, would you like some?" Bilbo announced

"Yes, please. All I have had for 2 days is bread, apples and water."

"Oh! Well I will start right away." He left the room in a little waddle.

Suddenly, a memory of Kili, Fili and Thorin, flew into my head. I remembered the sight I saw across the battle field not far away from me, of Fili resting besides Kili on the ground. Still, punctured with multiple arrows... An ache in my throat started up and I wanted to retreat into a puddle of tears. I couldn't. I was with Bilbo now and I needed to be strong until the Dwarves came... I could do that.