Chapter 21: The Beggining

Heaven must be nice.
It must be beautiful,
But i don't want to see it,
Not the beauty,
Not the lights that shine,
Because no light can shine,
Not without you.

I blinked repetitively. Each blink letting in unforgivable light that gave me aches in the back of my head. The aches then caused tears to come to my eyes and the tears brought a figure to me. If I'm  dead, why do i hurt so badly? I tried to move my sides but just couldn't and shutters of pain splintered up my back. I felt my voice let out a painful noise and i laid still.

"Don't move." A low voice warned and as i willed my eyes to open, i made out the figure of a man— no, a dwarf. The familiar green glow etches at my eyes and i gave a light sigh as i realized that this couldn't be heaven because my heaven wouldn't have anything to do with Erebor. No heaven would take me to any of my homes. In heaven i want to live in the trees or on a cloud that stretches high in the sky so i can look down at all of the glory others live through called life. Heaven was not on solid ground for me.

"Sophia." The voice stated and i made out the face of none less than Kili. His eyes sent me into a downward slide on the inside of my body as he gave me an unforgettable grin.

"Kili." I replied, my voice sounding odd and unlike my own. "What did you do?" I asked as i forced myself to remember the pain i felt and the Troll's terrifying face that looked like an old leather boot.

"Well, I carried you by horse back here. You really weren't that far from the mountain so we tried our best to clean you cuts in water. Even after you fell unconscious, we didn't know what to do but Fili helped me in saving your life. Ib fact, Fili saved you. He knew what to do and i was mostly his humble servant after he kept you alive. You lost plenty of blood by riding by horse but i was the only option..." He said, his voice caring and tired.

"How long has it been since we arrived back here?" I asked absolutely unknowingly.

"Just over a day." He replied as he walked over to get a vile of medication off the dresser. "You were supposed to get this after you woke up." He held out a clear vile of liquid.

"What is it." I asked, about to sit up but remembered the pain and stayed still.

"Its for the pain." He gave me a light smile and opened the cap, wincing at the smell. "You drink it."

"Great." I muttered under my breath as i held open my mouth for the liquid and tossing it down using my own hand. Lifting my arm felt strange and remote. "Were you worried?"

"Yes!" He chuckled, "not after once we got you here and you still had a pulse though." He sat down in a chair to the corner of the room. "Its late in the night."

"I figured by your yawns." I said to him with a soft smile, the least i could offer. "If your brother had saved me as you say, then where us he? Can i not thank him?"

"He is very tired. He's asleep now and has been for much longer than normal. He wanted to see you when you woke but i think he should finish resting." I nodded in reply. The taste still lingering on mu tongue...

"And Thorin? Where is he?" I asked thinking of all things i could have missed.

Kili gave a heavy sigh and looked me in the eyes, "He fell ill." He said it with a pause and a choke in his voice.

"Ill!" I almost jerked up in bed but stopped at the last moment. "Is he alright?"

"Yes, he is alright for the time being but it reminded Fili and i that he is growing old. He could die someday." Kili said with a hesitation.

"Is he still sick?" I almost shouted out of worry. The poor sons of Durin and king!

"A fair bit. Fili is worried for the line." Kili said to me with a strange look deep in his young eyes. It was age. Far beyond his time.

"And?" I asked wanting to know the steps the prince would take to hold onto the line of Durin.

"Fili thinks its time he had a wife and was married."

"Married!" I said a little confused, "but to whom?"

"That is what I'm worried about, Sophia..." Kili replied with a puzzled look spreading across his face.

"He knows he must mary for strategy but there is a woman who he has feelings for. She isn't a princes..." Yes... This was common for many princes. A forced marriage.

"Unfair. And cruel."I muttered, "That is all we must ever face in this terrible world. May Mahal take us all soon."

Yay! New conflict!!!!! Yayyayay!
Don't forget to vote! 😍