Chapter 6: Reunited

For days, I had sat with nothing much to do but take walks around the Shire. I now knew the trees, the roads, the Hobbits to talk to and not to talk to, the homes and every store to visit daily.

I had grown quite fond of a pretty little Hobbit who lived with her father just off of Bag End. She was just adorable!

Now, it had been a long 2 weeks with the Hobbits and I was getting tired of the Shire. I wondered what the Hobbits did from day to day so they wouldn't die of boredom. I didn't learn...

As the early morning once again turned to evening, I was bouncing off the walls to find anything to do.

Bilbo's company was nice but, not nearly as exciting as Mr. Butterbur's. His favourite activity was sit and smoke which, I did not do. I believe smoking is a waste of time. I earned this opinion from the elves because when I spent a year with them, not one smoked.

While I sat with Frodo, eating our supper, I heard a knock on the door. The door had been knocked on manny times since my arrival so my hope in it being Gandalf, had been whisked away.

"I will get the door." Bilbo announced as he stood up.

"No, I will." I stood up and started walking to the door.

As I opened it, I presented Gandalf to my self.

"Gandalf!" I sputtered out as I reached for the biggest hug of humanity.

"Sophia! So nice to see you!" We broke apart and I almost fainted when I saw Thorin standing behind Gandalf. In fact, I did.

------------

I came to my senses lying on Bilbo's couch. When I looked up at all the dwarves standing in front of me, I was utterly confused.

"Thorin! Your dead!" I screamed.

"No, do I disappoint you?" He chuckled. It was a strange sight to see him chuckle let alone see him alive when he was dead.

"How are you not dead?"

"I don't understand either... But I was saved by Gandalf.

"GANDALF! Why did you keep this from me?"

"It never came up?" Gandalf smiled at me.

Then, I saw the long dark hair and the lac of a beard standing next to A blond with braids and a full beard.

I just stood with my knees shaking and eyes wide looking at him.

"Hi Kili." I blushed a bit... I could feel it.

"Hello Sophia." He walked over closer to me and took my hand. He raised it to his lips with a small bow and I felt absolutely dead. He was alive!

"You not dead. Why does that surprise me?" I could finally whip the memory of him laying lifeless on the ground from my mind.

"Well! Let us move to the living room!" Gandalf expressed with a small push backwards to me away from Kili. Did he not want me near him?

If Gandalf saw something, he was always right.