Chapter 29: First

I first of all just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has ever commented, voted or viewed this fan fiction because it's really been like a baby to me for the past year. Im so happy to see it with 22.6k views now and I really appreciate it! Thank you!!!!!! 🌿

I had certainly become a victim of time. It consumed my life and as it passed so quickly, so did my thoughts. A week later from the night of the King's death, i stood outside the mountain it's self with Kili. His arms were around me with such care and i had my face nuzzled into his neck. I knew that at this point, both of us desperately needed the other.

The strangest thing about us, is that i can't say there was one special moment when i knew Kili was so special to me or that the two of us had decided that being in each other's arms was right for us. I think that in unison we knew what each of us desired.

Over the week, things seemed to collapse on themselves for the better. As soon as Thorin's dreary ceremony had been completed a few days ago, Fili was crowned king. After the king's ceremony, Kili and i went for a walk in the forest. There was a good-weird moment when he reached over and took my hand. He looked down at me with his big sad eyes and said that he missed his uncle. So open and vulnerable, i gave his hand a squeeze back and pulled his into a simple embrace. With the flowing breeze through the air, i don't think i could ever gorget the moment.

Fili was incredibly nervous to become the king and I honestly felt that talking to him about it wasnt my place. Afterward, he took time to talk with Nural. Today, was the day that they were to be wed. She would come public about all of her past.

One that i was scared to death to know.

But Fili must love her... Or he wouldn't persist on her being his wife. Nural's hazy past was now only known by Fili...

Standing there alone with Kili today outside the kingdom, I realized how much we needed each other for all this. "Kili?" I asked, my voice calm as i pulled my face away from his furs to look up at his eyes.

"Yes?" He said, with the same tone.

"Do you love me?" The words sounded strange coming out of my mouth. Love...

"Of course." His lips curved into a smile and he them tilted his head down to me enough that our lips were just a few centimetres away. At that second, my heart started racing faster than ever before. So close to him.

"I love you." I stated slowly and realized that i never had kissed him before. With that, there was a terrible urge inside me to stand on my toes and press my lips to his.

I did just that. As our lips collided, he took one hand to the side of my face and we stood there for a moment together. My heart thumped inside my chest as we embraced the moment.

-🌿-

When it was time for Nural to speak in front of the kingdom that day, everyone of us were pilled up in the great hall. Too many dwarves were bustled together all waiting for her to speak. Kili, Fili and a small section of guards stood up on the stage beside her, all dressed in formal clothes.

If all went well, tomorrow she would be the new queen. The people were all standing silent waiting for her to start speaking. Then, as she took a few steps forward, cleared her throat, she began.

Oh mahal...